I have an interview tomorrow with an insurance company. Just before you freak out, haha, no I am not gonna sell insurance. I'm not ready to go full-time into a sales job (if ever) so selling is out of the question now. The position is customer service associate. Call-centre kinda job? I don't know. I should think so 'cos it is a backend kinda job. Probably means that any interaction with customers will be via the phone. Talking on the phone should be fine. If I can reach to the ultimate level of being able to react calmly in a hostile situation (or to a caller, in this case), then I know my EQ has skyrocketed and I'm "confirmed steady". Yeah, that's the ultimate right! I'm seeing this in a very positive way, as you can read. :) I think one year back, I didn't even have the courage to talk over the phone to a random stranger. So lousy right. Nvm, at least I've progressed from then. I'm just gonna go for the interview, do my best, and see how things work out.
As I was talking a walk alone earlier, it suddenly dawned upon me why I don't want to be a teacher. I can be quite cynical and honestly, I don't want to pass on that cynism to our "future leaders of tomorrow". If I'm ever gonna go into teaching, it'll be because I really have the passion and want to teach. It will be because I care for the young people and want to impart the best to them. Right now, I don't have it within me. I don't know about the future. Who knows if my thinking will change in the future? But right now...I know I don't want to jump into teaching just 'cos it is a stable government job. I don't have the confidence to go into teaching now. Yeah, this just came to me today. Oh yeah. I see myself as a "hopeful cynic" now and not just a pure cynic so it is all good. Where there is darkness, there is also light. Someone told me once: darkness is simply the absence of light so once there's light, there's hope. There is always reason to hope.
My thoughts are very scattered now. All over the place. Sorry I can't continue with this entry. Maybe next time.
Bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment