Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sluggish

Firefox is getting VERY sluggish and even freezes once in a while. So annoying. I am using Safari to type this now and it is working fab, except it doesn't have noscript and adblock. If it weren't for Firefox's fantastic add-ons, I'd ditch the browser already.

Haha...I knocked off work at 4pm today. There was a firedrill at 4pm and my project manager (Mr B) said I could go & that I should go since it isn't nice to squeeze with so many people on the field, especially when it looked like it was about to rain. Haha. That was what he said! Well, I took his advice (but of 'cos!). Moreover, almost the whole project team cleared the room before the drill. Ms S and Mr B left before I did and there wasn't any reason why I should stay. I know, they are not employed directly by the bank, but they are the ones assigning me work and I report to them. They weren't even around to give me work so why should I stay? Sorry it's obvious I have no sense of attachment to the bank people bcos I hardly ever interact with any of them. I see a few of the big shots once a week during the project meetings but that's about it. I don't interact with any of them, except my boss whom I'm hired under, who comes over once in a while to the project room to chat with me. I told him about my sad predicament last week and he helped me a bit so I'm supposed to be given more challenging tasks now. But right now, my work load is still pretty lax. More work, yes, but nothing major. I picked up a really cool excel skill from Mr B tho', exporting data from one sheet to another for data analysis. It'd be good if I can learn more from him but as it is, he is a busy man.

Currently, I don't see myself working for the bank after my contract ends 'cos I heard there is some headcount thing and there are other contract workers who have yet to convert to permanent staff. Those people are actually working with the bank people yah, yet they are still hired under contract. I don't even mingle with the bank people yeah. Haha. Oh well, we'll see how things go. The S'porean dude who used to sit behind me returned from his army re-service. I'm now seated next to him 'cos I changed seats (was seated @ Mr B's seat previously while he was on leave). Good thing he is chatty. Haha. I chatted with him today and something he said today really amused me: 没有人管你的. LOL. How true. There is no one from the company to supervise me 'cos I don't work with anyone from the bank. I can basically do anything at work lo (haha. nah, I'm a good girl). :P

Yeah. Okay, I'm off to poop now. Ciao~

No comments:

Post a Comment