Okay, I boarded the evening peak hour train slightly later today at about 6pm and had to squeeze with so many smelly people in a small, poor-ventilated cabin. Luckily I only had to take 2 stops to interchange at Dhoby Ghaut. Can't imagine travelling in such conditions for long, especially not when there was this smelly dude with strong BO standing beside me. I am TOTALLY understand why public transportation's rider-ship is going downnnn (especially for those staying along the NS & EW lines). SMRT trains are disgusting to travel on during peak hours! Thank goodness I stay along the NEL. At least the NEL cabin is bigger, with WAYYYYY better ventilation, and is not as crowded (even during peak hours). To be fair, there are more people staying along the NS and EW line, with more stops in between, so packed trains should be expected. However, becos these lines serve more residents, all the more these trains should improve on their frequency and quality.
I find SMRT's air-con really weak. With the large number of people who travel with them, I find the ventilation system unacceptable. Singapore is so humid leh, of 'cos a powerful air-con system is needed to cool sweaty passengers down what. Stinky, smelly people need to COOL DOWN and a weak, air-conned cabin is sure not gonna do that. It's not a joke 'cos I perspire when I travel with SMRT but I hardly ever perspire when I travel along the NEL. I can only describe travelling with SMRT trains during peak hours with one word: GROSS.
My mum's thinking of changing our singnet plan to a MIO one. I dunno if her MIO is the TV one 'cos I dun want the TV plan, not even if they throw in free movies and what not. Sharing internet bandwidth with the TV doesn't sound good to me. My internet has been crawling recently and I'm quite fed up. Might have to call singnet up soon...bleah.
UGH UGH UGH.
No comments:
Post a Comment