I left office early today. My in-charge for this week, Ms S left at around 3:15PM and before she left, emailed me this: "I am going off now. Feel free to leave once you're done with the excel file." Actually I was just about done with the file then so I was finished my work 5 minutes after she had gone. Initially, I wanted to stay behind till the official knock-off time but seriously I couldn't tahan the boredom. There was nothing for me to do. I could not help the few guys who were still working in the room (60% of the people in the room had already left) 'cos I don't know nuts about IT codes, scripts and what have you. I surfed the company intranet website for about 45 mins before I decided to leave. This action is very daring for someone like me 'cos I'm very 怕死 and am very afraid to get into trouble. However, at that point in time, I simply didn't care anymore. It's not like I was slacking off and refusing to do work. I would gladly work if I actually had work to do but I was rotting in front of the computer screen with no internet access. I couldn't do anything but surf the company's intranet, which I did...for 45 whole minutes. So I left office at 4pm. Said bye bye to the few people in office and left. My boss wasn't not around, my in-charge wasn't around, I had no more work...there was no reason for me to stay in office. Moreover, Ms S said "Feel free to leave." Ok lor, I felt very free so I left. I still have her email in my inbox. Must keep for evidence, in case anything happens. Haha.
I felt a little deflated today.
Sometimes I don't see the point in what I am doing. It not that I despise the job or anything...but I really hope for more in my life. I really hope that I will be able to accomplish more in life than to just do admin work. I don't need a degree to do admin work. People around my age are all accomplishing something already. How slow I am progressing...it gets to me sometimes. It does. This is a journey and I believe that there is something I am supposed to learn out of this but the process can be quite tiring. Ah well, gotta look @ the positive side of things and give thanks! I am thankful. I mean, I can't see the whole picture yet but I believe this experience will do me good somehow.
After leaving work, I headed to the cinema to watch Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Animation- should be funny. I needed to cheer myself up so I bought a ticket for the 4:45pm, Plaza Singapura screening. The movie's pretty good! It cheered me up. Haha. I received a call just before the film started from somebody working in GE/OCBC. GE is Great Eastern, which is a significantly owned subsidiary of OCBC. Okay, usually I don't share in detail on my blog, but GE was the insurance company I went for my interview. The lady wanted to know if I was interested in working for them (either GE or OCBC, I presume)...dunno what Business Development Officer. Anyway, she said she would call again on Mon after I told her I'm watching a movie (it was quite noisy). I told her I was bonded to the contract for at least 3 months. Haha. I intend to fulfil the whole 5 months work stint actually- to help with the project to the end. I dunno lah. See how everything works out. Leave it to God liao. I tried thinking and doing things my way...but all ended up futile.
Overall, I still had a good week! :) Alright. I'm off to relax. Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment