Saturday, October 24, 2009

Keep fit

Just returned home from cycling not too long ago. I am EXHAUSTED and really want to nap but can't 'cos my hair is still wet from my bath. I've got really bad sunburns on the back of my hands (forgot to put sunblock there!) and slightly bad burns on my thighs. Ugly tan lines. I'm glad the whole healthy living thing is kinda working...and my cell has been 'on' enough to make this happen. I never knew the people in my cell (okay, only 3 others went today lah) were so fit. I mean, one of them could finish her 1.6km run in 10 mins. That never happened to me! The fastest I ever finished was 12 mins something, I think. I haven't exercise SO MUCH in a long long long time. 2.5 hours of cycling + 45 min walk (I got lost in East Coast in the morning...) in total. My legs almost gave way at the end of our cycle. Haha. We ate Carl's Jr after that tho'. So fattening. I wanted to try their mushroom burger yeah. It tasted pretty good. I managed to finish the entire burger 'cos I was famished. Yeah, that HUGE burger! I hope I didn't eat back all the calories I burned this morning. Haha.

It occurred to me earlier that even tho' we have been in the same cell for the past 5 to 6 years, we rarely ever met outside of church activities. In fact, I hardly even know about their lives. I know the superficial stuff...but I never really attempted to get more involved in their lives. I don't know. I'm just been thinking a lot about social relationships recently, which isn't all that surprising because I've been meeting many new people recently. Be it people from the new cell network or the people at work- I am tossed into new situations with different people whom I do not know. I feel a little unsettled sometimes 'cos I don't know these people very well and don't know how they think.

But in all, I am thankful. This coming out of comfort zone thing is good 'cos I am growing in ways I may not even realise. :)

Tired now, going off to nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment