Saturday, October 10, 2009

CLOTHES

Edit- Photos added on 20091011, 12:06PM.

Yay! Bought lots of clothes today. Bargain! I went to the G2000 bazaar today. The bazaar's located near my home and is very convenient so I went there with my mum to source for bargains. Truth is, I needed to stock up on working clothes urgently. I have too many T-shirts in my wardrobe and I can't possibly wear them to work so I HAVE TO CHANGE MY STYLE. I spent about S$200 in total. My mum paid for me first...I'm supposed to return her the money once I get my pay so I am now in debt. :|


Bag of clothes I bought from the bazaar. Lol.

My friends seem to know that my preferred style is the 'simplistic' style. Haha. My mum thinks my style is 'conservative'. My mum's more hip and happening than I am can. Design is quite important to me. Typically I dislike designs that are too complicated and cluttered, hence the tendency to buy clothes with simple designs. I'm learning to be more adventurous with my clothing choices now but I still consult my mum (very frequently) on which clothes I should buy. I really trust my mum 'cos I think her taste is pretty good. I bought a pink wallet from Takashimaya earlier. Really struggled making a decision 'cos I rarely buy anything on impulse. I'm the kind who does extensive research before committing to buying something, especially if the item is expensive. I get a little annoyed with myself when I make wrong purchases. In a way, I think it's stupidity on my part for making a needless purchase. My friend thinks that the problem boils down to my pride. I am afraid of appearing stupid in front of others and it is manifesting in many areas of my life. You think? I don't know. It's true I don't like to appear foolish in front of others but is it due to pride or insecurity? But no one likes to appear stupid what. Maybe I'm just setting impossibly high standards for myself and when I cannot meet it, I crash. It is a BAD thing obviously. Thankfully I am learning to cut myself some slack and allow room for 'mistakes'.

Back to the wallet. It wasn't exactly cheap and was the last piece so I really didn't know if I should get it. After much consideration, I bought it eventually. It wasn't like I wasted money 'cos I had to change my wallet. My old wallet was in bad shape- threads were fraying all over and there was a big tear in one of the compartments. Getting a new wallet is very justified right. Moreover there was a 20% discount going on. Pink is not my 'usual colour'. My previous wallets were either in black or brown so pink is a new change for me. Oh well, if I wanna change my style, might as well change thoroughly. Besides, I like pink. This pink leans towards red and is quite pretty. :) Haha. Okay lah, I can't completely change my style. There are definitely some designs I am still very attracted to. A product with a simplistic design that looks good will always win my heart. If you wanna know what kinda style I'm talking about, watch Jdramas with OLs (Office Ladies) and you'll have an idea. Colours and designs that blend together and fit well to form a complete look are very important to me. I still cannot get past myself sometimes. I'm afraid that I might unknowingly wear silly clothes combinations and become a fashion disaster. Never mind. I'll become more confident in time and will know what blends with what. I'll take a photo of the wallet and upload soon (not tonight, too tired). My mum said the wallet looked nice. Yay! I think it looks quite nice also.




My new wallet! :)

Lately I've been investing in skirts also. Can't imagine only wearing trousers to work leh. Skirts are pretty and go well with blouses. Yeah. This is happening 'cos I am actually doing shopping now. HAHA. Seriously, I hardly did any shopping in the past. I didn't care much for buying pretty clothes and presenting an image. In school, doesn't matter. Look crappy also never mind. Hahaha. The case is different now of 'cos. Working requires establishing a professional image and how you look exteriorly will affect other people's view of you since that is the first thing they'll notice on first meeting. Read a book on body language, which I found really helpful. What is charisma? Body language can actually enhance that abstract quality that everyone yearns to have. Charismatic people draw others to them and needless to mention, they are the ones who are likely to make it big in life. A controlled image is pretty important, IMO. Taking pride in dressing smartly to work is also kinda like showing respect to yourself. You're only as important as you think you are. It's not that I don't think the internal attributes aren't important but external image is also very critical for success 'cos most people judge by what they see. Yep. I'm putting in more effort in my dressing now. Gotta dress for success!

Networking is another important factor to achieving success. Common sense right. The more people you know, the more help you can potentially give and in turn, also receive. I believe in the benefits of knowing more people and keeping friendly relations with them. Shocking that this is coming from a hermit who stays at home all the time right. Hahahaha. I'm just being rational here. It doesn't take a mad scientist to know the benefits of 'knowing more people'. I gotta work on this aspect. It can get a little tiring interacting with people but I gotta do what I gotta do. Essentially, I am still a social being so this can be worked on. As long as I get some 'me' time to recharge, I should be able to do quite all right.

These are just some thoughts running through my head. Can you tell that I am feeling a mixed of emotions now? My friend commented that I can get quite schizo when I'm stressed. Haha. For example, I pose questions then I answer them myself. I put forth a positive sentence then immediately negate it with a negative one. It's all confusion! I should just shut up. Speaking negatively doesn't help me at all. No it doesn't. Therefore..I will negate every negative sentence with a positive one instead! Haha.

So happy with my purchases! :) :) :)

Good night~


Shoes + 1 cardigan, which I bought for work

No comments:

Post a Comment