Monday, October 5, 2009

Just another entry

I feel like typing another entry today so here I am! There is so much going on in my head now and I don't know where to start. Perhaps I should start with my interview today with the Japanese bank. I didn't meet the boss today, instead I had the interview with his/her assistant. The assistant was quite kind to me. She was not particularly chatty or smiley but she was friendly enough. She gave me a very "stable" feeling. By far, she is the only interviewer who gave me such strong "stable" vibes. I can't remember what I said during the interview but it went fine. Tomorrow I'm going for 2nd round interview with the boss. Woo hoo. Thank God. I'm happy. :) It is progression for me, definitely. Of 'cos right now I am keen on this job and really hope that I will get it 'cos there are many possibilities with this job, imo, but I don't want to stress myself or beat myself if things don't work out. This is a journey I'm still learning along the way...to be less...I don't know. It isn't exactly perfectionism or idealism, I don't think. What is it. It doesn't matter.

This is a 5-month contract job. I initially wasn't too keen on taking up yet another contract job...but this position sounds like one that I can learn a lot from (according to the assistant's more detailed job description). This role will be doing a lot of coordination work and have to interact with people with different temperaments and basically assist the boss in the switching of the system (what system, I don't know). Excellent opportunity for me to interact with people from different backgrounds- company presidents, rich clients (?), department heads, etc- and boost my interpersonal skills. I don't mind doing OT. I don't mind the crappy pay (for now). I just want to work, to learn, to contribute, and most importantly, to grow. This job could potentially be a stepping stone for something bigger, better. There are many possibilities. Well, I'll be doing my best tomorrow and if God's will is for me to start my career there then let it be done! I still don't know where is God leading me, in this journey...but I'm learning to trust more in Him. This 1-year has definitely not been wasted. If it wasn't for this "dry" period, if everything had proceeded so smoothly, would I have grown so much more dependent on God? Would I have put more effort in seeking Him and reading His word? Probably not. This realisation came to me recently. If it wasn't for this "crisis", I probably wouldn't spend as much time praying. If things came by too easily, I might have taken them for granted. I don't know. All I can say is I'm very thankful. God has been very faithful and good. Yes this is my reflection and I am sharing that with you.

I'll be pushing forward. Will update on the outcome of tomorrow's interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment