Friday, July 24, 2009

Singnet problem

Turned out the Blogger problem stemed from a Singnet problem. SO STUPID. I had to enter some singnet 8080 proxy for the Blogger site to load properly. I've never had such page loading problems with Maxonline but I can't complain 'cos Maxonline was really slow for me. Anyway, I've deleted all my past posts from my previous blog except one entry. Haha. 4 years worth of posts- gone! Cool. :)

Well well, this truly signifies a new start, isn't it? I once said that I would change my blog add once I get a job. I believe the job will be coming soon...so the shift is timely. :) I just went for a job interview this morning for a one-year contract position. My granny just called to ask me how did the interview went and told me that she had been praying for me. Aww. I really thank her. I know that a lot of people have been praying for me and supporting me, especially my family members. My granny shared with me a church brother's testimony on how he found a high-paying post at a bank after being jobless for a super long time. Yeah.

Anyway, I was super nervous before the interview and my heart was beating really fast. I tried my best to prepare for the interview by reading up on the company and of 'cos also praying really hard that everything would work out right and that the interviewer(s) would be kind to me. God really answered my prayer 'cos the interviewers (2 of them) were really nice and humorous people. Shared with them that my most recent temp jobs were all "outgoing" in nature because I wanted to try something different, outside my comfort zone and to become more outgoing and less passive. The lady interview later shared with me (as she walked me out) that she found me quite outgoing. LOL. Okay, so maybe the initial impression I gave her was I'm an "outgoing" and "active" person. She is not the first interviewer who said this to me. I suppose it is possible to actually put forth an image which you want to portray, as long as you put in the effort. I can be outgoing if I choose to, and I chose to be so today.

Even though this is a 1-yr contract job, I will still be very happy if I get it 'cos of the brand name of the company (a reputable MNC inside the Fortune 500 list) and the experience I will gain from it. It is quite exciting knowing that life is a series of events and you never know what is God's plan for you. Perhaps in this 1-year, I would meet someone who will be my 貴人 or 真命天子 (LOL!!!)。 Or maybe gain certain skills that would prepare me for my next job. Or even be a stepping stone to a higher post within the company or in other companies. It is good that I am thinking so positively because it is really the only way to keep going in this life. The only reason I haven't given up is because there is no dead end with God. Even in the most disastrous and hopeless situation, God will be able to work something out for me- something good which I know I don't deserve. Yeah, gotta reach a stage where suddenly all becomes clear; there is nothing I have but God and I've staked my all on Him 'cos there is no other way so if God turns out to be non-existent (which I don't believe) then oh well, I've been a fool. Yet, even so.

I wore my new pencil skirt today. Yay! Love it. Pencil skirt is so nice and it is a classic design that will never grow old. :) I can't wait to work so I can go shopping. HAHAHA. To end this topic, I can say that I've tried my best today and I'm satisfied- whatever the outcome. :)

Will continue with this post again later. I'm going out to buy contact lens solution first so I can remove my contacts.

==

Added @ 445pm: I'm back! I saw the little kitty spotted in front of my neighbour's house a few weeks back again today! Haha. It is hanging out within the compound again and simply has no fear of humans lah. It just walked past in front of me, with its tail up in a sexy position. Why sexy, I also don't know. I suppose cats are just sexy because of the way their bodies move. So provocative. Haha.

Yesterday I brought my laptop back to the repair centre to diagnose the reason behind the dead power problem. Technician meddled around with my computer wire and concluded that the problem was a faulty laptop wire, which isn't covered within warranty. He advised me to buy a new one from either Sim Lim Square of Funan IT Mall. I experienced smooth proceedings for the entire day. I already intended to go to Funan IT Mall to collect my pay earned from the PC Show, so everything fell in place. After collecting the pay, I asked the my PC Show in-charge if he knew where I could buy this kind of wire and coincidentally, he sells such wires! Wire cost $5, so I returned him $5 from my pay & ta-dah...all my problems solved. Amazing yeah? :) Now my laptop's back and I am using it happily. :)

Yeah. I'm going out later to meet a friend for dinner. So happening hor, my life. It is becoming a little too happening for me. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment