Thursday, July 16, 2009

Buzzer Beat ~Gakeppuchi no Hero ~

I watched episode one the day before yesterday! The acting was very disappointing, especially from Kitagawa Keiko. She is quite pleasant on the eyes and I expected more from her. Her acting really cannot make it but since she's quite new in the acting industry, I shall cut her some slack. She acts as a music student who majors in violin, which is quite unconvincing 'cos she couldn't even hold the violin properly. I don't even wanna talk about her other scenes. Her acting skill is even worse than Aibu Saki's and that really says a lot 'cos I think Aibu's acting is considered one of the worst among the young actresses. Aibu is now dating Nagase Tomoya aka the old Mr. Hamasaki or Ayu's ex but this has nothing to do with my evaluation on her acting (altho' I feel sad that Ayu wasted 7 years of her youth on a relationship that didn't come into fruition). I actually find Aibu quite likeable. She's got a nice, sunshine smile and appears like the kind of girl who doesn't "threaten" people of the same sex. This means, she doesn't emit bitchy or slutty vibes and should be easily acceptable by fellow ladies.

I won't go into Yamapi's acting. Not a big fan of his acting, at all. The 1st eppy was disappointing. The script's not that strong for now but hopefully the pace picks up once the story starts focusing on the basketball competitions. I don't know how this drama will do 'cos it does have its appeal, mainly from its good-looking cast; but other than that, nothing special.

Oh, almost forgot to mention the drama's theme song, Ichibu to Zenbu by B'z. OH MY GOSH, I LOVE IT. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! B'z is an established rock band in Japan, if I'm not wrong. What I really like about the song? The starting tune. The drum beats, electric/bass guitar picking , everything! Chad Smith (of Red Hot Chili Peppers) helped with the recording and played the drums for this song. Big love! I like RHCP's tunes...not so much their lyrics, but their tunes, BIG LOVE!
==

I watched 20th Century Boys 2 @ Plaza Sing today. Haha, more on this later. I'm off to watch some TV. Will continue with this post again~

No comments:

Post a Comment