Thursday, July 30, 2009

I look very much the same

HAHAH. Yes, that was what 林老師 replied in her email. I look very much the same therefore she was able to recognise me immediately from the sea of faces. Yeah man, that's what she said. Have I really not changed since then? I thought I looked really crappy in sec school. LOL. My hair was centre-parting, flat and floppy-looking. Maybe it looked cool then but I think it looks really bad now. Haha. I was also REALLY dark then, maybe one to two shades darker. I was dark, skinny and tall. My height was 165cm when I was in secondary 4. I can remember bcos Yel (My "lesbian lover" yeah) and I were the exact same height! Haha. Then in JC, I grew to 166cm. After JC, I grew another 2cm to 168cm. Fabulous 'cos at least I've attained one of my "ideals". My ideal was to grow to 168cm, which I eventually did. :)

I find it quite amusing, recalling all the crazy stuff we did in our secondary school days. I don't even remember how the lesbian lover thing came up. Yel and I were pretty close and we were always seen together so...I don't know. Who came up with this lesbian lover thing anyway? Haha. It was so funny lah! We went along with it and since then she is and always will be my "lesbian lover". Aww. LOL. Yeah, then there were the "Square" and "Circle" nicknames. Yel was called Square and I was called Circle. Like huh? Haha. The story sort of started like that, if I'm not wrong. One teacher (who ah?) couldn't pronounce my name. She mispronounced my name as Circle in Mandarin. The teacher had a really weak grasp of Mandarin and couldn't pronounce properly lah. How Yel became Square, I don't know. Maybe it was because we hanged out too often so she was given the nickname of a shape also. HAHAHA. So funny! I was already quite crappy then. Friends often said I was crappy (was I really? lol). Besides being crappy, I was also VERY moody. This I can remember quite vividly. My mood was black every other day. Teenage angst? Don't know leh. Anyway, I became aware of that problem in later years and I have improved in my mood management. I still have mood swings from time to time but nowhere as violent as they were in the past. My perspective for life has changed lah, plus my focus is different now. :) Reflection is good 'cos it is from reflecting that I can see the little progressions I made in my personal life.

At the last 1/2 a class gathering, we talked about some "Gupta Family" and the "Sexy Mango and Cockroach (?)" club. My class was crazy. Haha. We did too many crappy things together. :) I don't know how much have the others changed. I know Dion changed quite drastically. Honestly, I was very surprised when I saw her at the 1/2 a class gathering. She changed so much (in looks)! Yeah.

& so...I haven't changed. Good to hear, I guess. I hope it's a good thing! I'm so glad my hairstyle has sort of improved; I can't imagine not having my hair layered now. May we have more gatherings in the future. Remember we are supposed to become taitais and have high teas together next time! HAHA. It will happen! Hurry, someone introduce me to a rich, eligible, good man (does such a man exist? haha) now. Lol.

I don't know what I am typing actually but I am typing this entry with a smile on my face. My past is pretty "colourful" after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment