Sweet Talk sucks. I had an immense craving for Chocolate Milk Tea earlier, after tasting the Cup Walker version last Sat; but because I didn't want to have to walk to Kovan just to purchase one, I decided to get one it from Sweet Talk instead. Bad choice. Sweet talk's choc milk tea tastes like chocolate + water, and is very diluted and bitter. Super crappy. This means that I increased my intake of sugar without deriving any satisfaction from it. :(
Cup Walker's is more expensive (I paid $1.8 for a cup w/o pearls) compared to Sweet Talk's ($1.2 w/ or w/o pearls), true, but the former tastes SO MUCH BETTER! It reminds me of Magnolia's GO! Milk, made of malt and milk, which I love love love! Haha. I know Cup Walker's choc milk tea is the fake version lah...just sugared water with no nutritional value. I am better off buying the authentic GO! milk, filled with natural goodness.
Out of curiosity, I did a Google search on the locations of Cup Walker outlets and it seems that most of their outlets are found in the north-east/east of Singapore. Seng Kang residents are the luckiest, with 2 outlets in their estate. The other outlets are found in Kovan, Downtown East and Suntec City. Suntec is their only city outlet, from what I know. Okay, I have to abstain from bubble tea for the next 2 weeks. If I continue indulging in this junk beverage, I will grow fat lor! NO, I WILL NOT ALLOW SUCH A THING TO HAPPEN!
Anyone watched yesterday night's 搶攤大行動 on Channel 8? I accidentally recorded the last 5 mins of the programme (my mum made me tape the 9pm show for her) and noticed that the featured stall looked really familiar. I then realised I've seen the stall before at Hougang bus interchange ! No joke man, business was REALLY BAD and there were no customers at all. I didn't even know what food the store sold and frankly, I didn't care either. The store is located at an obscure corner of the interchange with little human traffic so I thought poor business was understandable. Anyway, as I was walking through the interchange today, I noticed that the store had a queue! Wow. Big success huh. The programme helped revive business for the store-owner. Quite a heart-warming story hor. :)
I will try to blog on recent gatherings I took part in soon. Be patient okie!
Ja, mata ne.
No comments:
Post a Comment