This month's 月9 (Getsu9) drama, Buzzer Beat, looks set to become a flop. Yesterday's first episode only garnered a 15.5% rating, which is one of the worst in recent years. Surprising, since this is supposedly a youthful idol drama with a star-studded cast. I haven't watched the first episode yet but I saw some High-Definition (HD) screen shots that some fans took, and they looked pretty bad to me. One thing is for sure, I don't like Yamashita Tomohisa's/Yamapi's acting. I cannot stand how some people tout him as the next Kimura Takuya 'cos Yamapi's face is perpetually expressionless ok. At least Kimura has some facial expressions and is capable of showing feelings on his face.
That being said...I still don't believe that this drama will do worse than Konkatsu!, which went down as the worst 月9 drama in history (in terms of ratings) just earlier this month. I predict that the ratings for Buzzer Beat would either remain relatively constant or improve, assuming the acting & the script are decent. Big assumptions here! Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment