Friday, March 12, 2010

So...what is the level of your faith?

This morning, I went for both my interviews and I am so glad to say that I thought they both went well. Of 'cos you never really know what's ahead, what's your competition like, or whether the interviewer's favour is upon you, but I can say that I did my best and prepared as well as I could for both interviews. At the very least, I know I didn't sound lame. Lame as in I had nothing to say in response to their questions. That was what I was most afraid of actually, that I would be stump and tongue-tied. Thank God that didn't happen and I went through both interviews in a fairly relaxed mood. There is honestly a lot of competition.

For the 1st interview, I saw the huge stack of potential candidates that the interviewer still has to interview & may I share that this position is not even a permanent one. It's a 6-month contract. Personally I think there is a future with this role so I don't mind taking up another contract position as it is quite difficult to get around the finance industry if I have no relevant experience. Even doing a 6-month short stint will help me "move" into a better position within the industry, assuming that this is the industry I want to build my career. I don't know. We'll see how God opens the way lo. The interviewer was really nice tho' and this position reports directly to her. According to the interviewer, the big boss, is hot-tempered and has high expectations on her staff so being prompt and accurate while working is very important. This job sounds stressful and also, a lot of diplomatic, interpersonal skills are needed to get the work done. Tactfulness is paramount if this person is to succeed in his/her duties. Very challenging, imo. On one hand, I hope to take up the challenge 'cos if I can succeed in this very tricky area of dealing with potentially unreasonable people and handle situations in a very professional manner then I've moved on to another level in terms of my growth. I feel that if one has soft skills then he/she can go anywhere and succeed. It's true. It's very important. Enough with the analysis.

Okay, the point is I sometimes doubt. Am I good enough? How much faith is enough? Is my faith even the size of a mustard seed? Do I genuinely believe that God has a great plan for my life, in terms of my career? Truthfully, I sometimes struggle to believe that because things are not "working out" as well as I've hope but still, I'm grateful that he has placed me in that Japanese bank for the 5 months. I've met so many kind and nice people who really helped build my confidence and taught me what it is like working together as a team, getting things done. My last day went really well. Had lunch with my colleagues, gave the gifts, chatted with my bank boss...they've been sooo good to me lah.

Yeah, I cannot focus on myself really 'cos when I do that, I become really depressed and sad. So the challenge is for me to look to God for a way out. I don't think I'm gonna feel less stuck by trying to "think things out" 'cos there are times when things really don't work as planned. Then what? What's the next step? I don't know. How should I live this life? I don't know.

Okay, am I babbling? I'm kinda tired. All I know is I want to take a nap now. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment