I know I have every reason to be grateful for this job. There are still uncertainties of 'cos, having taken up another contract job and being contracted with the agency. All the time-sheets and stuff. :| Man, I know if I want to go into this...I can bitch forever but I don't want to. Allowing myself to stand back to view a wider perspective is more important. If not for the agency, would I be able to even find a contract job? I need a contract job with some meat in its duties because the reality is I don't have a lot of actual work experience. I haven't proven myself. It's very troublesome getting contracted to the agency but I can live with the inconvenience.
My ex-colleague called me this morning, said he talked to one of the interviewers (she's VERY VERY nice) who interviewed me the other day. According to him, she said that it would be "a waste" if I took up that position because it is mainly an administrative role, with some compliance duties. Okay, glad that I didn't wait and take up that job then? I was still a little unsure if I made the right decision by taking up the French bank offer without waiting for the Japanese bank's reply (I emailed their HR and was informed that are still in the midst of deciding on someone) so hearing this from my ex-colleague really confirmed that I made the right choice. I can only say that it is very important to make friends everywhere you go. Colleagues, bosses, random people, whoever. I informed my Japanese bank boss about my new job as well and he said that I could contact him whenever I need his advice. Honestly, SO NICE OF HIM LAH. I was a little stressed out because I felt I had to seal a job soon, especially since my Japanese bank boss was quite concerned with the progression of my job search. Thank God, everything fell nicely in place. I found a job in a good company and am starting work soon.
Met my cell-leader for a short while after signing the job contract yesterday (she works around the CBD area too). Being emotionally-vulnerable, I broke down in front of her. Opps. I don't know why it happened but it did (prolly 'cos I just needed to cry; do I make sense?) and if there is one thing I know, it's that there is a greater level of trust between us now. I honestly didn't feel all that comfortable sharing with her all my job worries and whatever because we still don't know each other very well but now I know that she is someone I can consult in the future about work-related issues. After all, she has been working in the marketplace for many years and has the wealth of experience to advise me on such issues. Interestingly, she thinks that people of my generation are "soft", easily affected by small setbacks. She's not wrong because I know that this job thing of mine isn't a major problem. At least there is a way out. I just have to get a job and the problem is 'solved'. Besides it's not like I've been jobless for like months (or years). I clinched another job within 1 week and only needed to interview with 3 companies before one took me in. There are so many people out there with bigger problems and have to live in pain everyday because they are stuck in situations they cannot escape from. I admit that I have been very sheltered as a kid and even now, I'm still sheltered. So for me, this whole employment thing is considered a very big issue already. This could be coming from my immature thinking of 'cos. My world perspective is still quite limited...
After the talk, I looked positively shitty, but I decided that I shall stay out and watch a movie alone. The content of the movie didn't matter, I just felt like watching a movie. So I went to Plaza Sing and watched the only movie that was screening at 5+PM, Pona Pona Penguin (Poya Poya Penguin?) or something. I can't remember the title lah. Japanese anime- didn't know what it was about also. Bought a ticket, entered theatre, and watched. The movie was quite alright. It entertained me. The girl (main character) was very cute in her penguin suit. Didn't really like all the deities and dragons stuff but overall, it was a pleasant movie. Yep so this is all I have to update about yesterday.
Right now I'm happy! Looking forward to a new start. :) Thanks, friends, for sharing my joy! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment