Got a couple of calls for interviews today. HR contacted me about this job in this particular dept. Honestly, I didn't really wanna enter this dept because I've heard some horror stories about the dept but that being said, the lady I made friends with in the washroom? She's from that dept. Talk about coincidence. I just had lunch with her that day lah and she told me about this "boring job" in the dept. LOL. Yes, it is the very same one that they interviewed me for.
I don't know. I'm taking it pretty easy. Obviously there was some nervousness during the interview but I think there was this general feeling of peacefulness deep inside, like I know if I don't get the job it means there is something better out there for me. The whole process was very last min. Got the email from HR this morning, then the notification of an interview in the afternoon. Didn't even have any time to prepare for anything but I just went. I met with the interviewers - one Ang Moh, one Japanese. I've seen the Ang Moh before; as for the Japanese, I've never seen him before this but may I say I am impressed with his command of the English language. It is definitely the best I've heard from a Japanese (not that I know that many...but yeah). If there is one thing I am looking forward to, assuming I get the job and stay on it, it is the company's soon-to-happen move to Marina Bay. The MBFC building looks damn glam lah. This is the superficial me typing, of 'cos. Haha.
The interview went ok, I suppose. There were times when I felt the interviewer wanted me to "elaborate" but hello, I didn't had the time to prepare for the interview so don't expect to go rattling on and on about anything. However for most part of the interview, I thought I did alright. It's a crazy observation but I think the Japanese didn't really quite know how to react to some of the stuff the Ang Moh said. He didn't look very comfortable in the room, even tho' he was the interviewer! Cultural clash? Oohhhh I wonder. The Ang Moh has a higher rank of 'cos. I know 'cos I checked the company's address book for their titles. HAHAHA. I really really need to prepare for interview questions 'cos yah, I have 2 interviews on Fri, one of which is for a job I am keen to explore. I don't want to screw up. But...no stress. If the door opens, it opens. If it's closed, that means that job is not for me. I know God will lead and make the way for me. :)
Interview today managed to reach the part on salary discussion (I take that as a positive sign?) and I quoted a reasonable figure lor. I actually asked what was the salary range for this position, which is the smart thing to ask, but...he threw the question back at me. TRAPPED! So yeah, I had to give a figure that isn't very high but higher than my current pathetic pay. The job description actually sounds totally rubbishy (didn't mention that in the room of 'cos) so I don't think they will be willing to pay too much for the person who will take this role (and I kinda know how this bank works- in terms of recruitment). I did ask about benefits tho' 'cos if they are not giving benefits, I am NOT taking the job. I want my leave entitlement! Ang Moh seemed surprised that I wasn't given any benefits even tho' I was employed directly under the bank. My case is "special" lah. I suspect that I should actually be hired under the recruitment agency but somehow, my contract came straight under the bank. See how lah. I was actually already all ready to leave this company and go somewhere else...but this unexpected interview came up so.
Anyway, tomorrow is my last day! I am actually kinda happy 'cos I am sick of doing nothing at work. Haha. Do I make sense? I know there are people who would kill to do nothing at work and get paid for that, but trust me, it gets really really really SIAN after a while. Today, I bought chocolates for my bosses! I have like 4 bosses now. There used to be only 3 but another one came in as post-support so I decided to get her something too. Spent more than $50, which is a lot by my standards, but I love my bosses so I want to get them something. :) Bought biscuits for the project team also. It is my goodbye gift to them. Haha. I had a brilliant 5 months with them. My colleagues have been nothing but wonderful lor. Gonna give them my goodbye presents tomorrow. Haha. One of my Swiss boss isn't coming in tomorrow so he requested that I send him my personal email address so that he can contact and invite me to the project team party when it happens. HAHAHA. SO SWEET! :)
This is entirely random but Shuting & I finally tried the salad at TheSaladShop yesterday. Shuting was totally against eating salad for lunch but she relented yesterday because it is my last week at work and I really really wanted to try the salad. My Swiss bosses eat salad like all the time and their salads look so appetizing lah. SHUTING IS NOW A CONVERT. SHE WANTED TO EAT SALAD AGAIN TODAY LAH! FANATIC LO. Who was the one who said that salad for lunch doesn't sound appetizing ahhhh??? Haha. The salad's fantastic! I love the salad! I can totally turn vegetarian! HAha. Their salad comes in rabbit size, zebra size, or elephant size. So interesting right??? When my boss told me this I was super amused. I thought he was kidding! LOL.
Okay. Gotta write my 'thank you' cards now. Ciao ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment