Monday, September 14, 2009

WILD CARD

YAY! KIM CLIJSTERS! US OPEN 2009 CHAMPION! So happy for her! I'm so glad she won. :)

I CANNOT stand Serena Williams. I saw the semi -final match they played and boy, Serena showed such poor sportsmanship. She clearly THREATENED the line judge with her words while shoving her tennis racquet menacingly at the poor line judge, who is Asian. I guess it is easier to shout at a small and "weak-looking" Asian person huh. Serena didn't even have the decency to apologise for her rudeness after the match; just because she was frustrated during the match doesn't give her the right to go shouting profanities at another person. BIG BOO TO SERENA! BOOOOO~~~~

My dad is also unimpressed with Serena, I found out this morning. He says Serena reminds him of a water bull. Haha.

==

This morning, I checked out the Miss Singapore Universe 09 Youtube clip that my friends mentioned. The winner spoke in really bad English and according to the article on Sunday Plus, many Singaporeans still speak like that. REALLY? I hardly hear anyone speak like this actually. Maybe the older aunties and uncles speak like that but in general, most Singaporeans speak quite well. I have the impression that our command in English has improved and most youngsters are capable of speaking good English. No? Hmm...

Okay, I'm off to do other things. BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment