Helped my mum set up a facebook a/c the other day and now she keeps bugging me to add her as friend. HAHAHA. I feigned ignorance and told her that we are friends already (in reality) and guess what did she reply. She said, "I'm talking about FB." Wah. She refers to Facebook as FB now. HHAHA.
I met with a couple of my friends last Sat to eat and shop. Had a real good time. :) Talked about some issues in life. I never knew my friends were such straight-forward people as well. Being straight-forward is good but there must be a good balance. I am learning how to balance the extent of honesty I show to others. Not showing all my true feelings & sharing my thoughts doesn't mean I am being dishonest. It is just being cautious and smart, I feel. There is a time for everything. It also depends on how much I trust the other party and how comfortable I am sharing with him/ her. Honestly, I am someone who warms up to others slowly. With someone new, I'll be very diplomatic with my words and actions. Normal lah. Most people react this way in a new environment. Hmm. It is important to protect yourself sometimes. Protection doesn't mean not letting anyone into your heart or to understand your deepest thoughts and struggles but more like...have to act in wisdom lo. I don't know. This is the toughest art to master, I feel. Knowing how to best relate to others without appearing phoney. Being honest and not hurting others. Tough. We just learn along the way, I suppose. I'm glad I have friends whom I can learn together with. Life's a journey man! And to have friends to walk you through this journey is really a blessing. :)
Will upload photos soon.
==
Added on 20090917, 3:12PM:
Photos taken 20090912! Venue...AMK?
Met Junmin @ AMK interchange.
Made her pose for a photo. :)
Prata for brunch~
The food we ordered. The curry chicken is damn nice.
I'm not usually a curry fan but this curry...shiok!
Teh tarik's good. The food's good lah. :)
Must go back again 'cos I wanna try their other pratas!
Limei + Junmin
Group photo!
The uncle working there volunteered to help us take a photo. How sweet. :)
Went to Causeway Point, Woodlands after that.
To me, Causeway Point is like the other end of the world so I hardly ever go there.
Haha. Good thing is I'm more willing to travel and explore now. :)
Took a rest @ Mos Burger, our favourite hangout.
The kawaii slippers behind is the new pair that Limei bought that day.
50% discount; quite comfortable for the feet.
Limei & I ordered our favourite corn soup. Haha.
Whenever I think of Mos corn soup & Mos milk tea, I'm reminded of Carine immediately.
I miss her a lot, especially recently. Don't know why, but she keeps popping into my thoughts.
Limei dipping her fries into her corn soup.
She leaves them inside to soak then eats them when soggy. Haha.
Sounds damn gross, I know...but the fries DO TASTE BETTER like this! I'm not sure who started this tradition but we did this during our secondary school days too. Yum yum.
Junmin & I. We're all dressed crappily 'cos we thought: "Only going for brunch what"
Haha. Who knew we decided to go shopping after that?
==
Had a wonderful time with you girls! Must go for breakfast again soon! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment