Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I wanna go comex show

ON LEAVE TODAY! YAY!

Can't wait for Apple to announce their new ipod models. From what I've read from technology news sites, the nano is rumoured to be a touchscreen square kinda thing. Sounds awful to me. The truth will be revealed in <24 hours. Exciting!

Found out yesterday night that Kyra Sedgwick won her first Emmy award yesterday. Yay! THE CLOSER~ My favourite English drama series. I love the character who plays her character's husband inside. He is almost perfect. Wonderful husband, the kind of guy girls should marry. Hahaha. He's a shuai old man, btw. My friend jokingly calls me an 'eldo-phile', which is hilarious. HAHA. I'm not attracted to them in that way. I just find some old people cute, just like I find my granny cute. She's super lovable cute. :) Anyway, my colleague and I were discussing about the guys in our company thru our IM chat (to clarify, the chat only lasted 2 mins; we were NOT slacking at work! hahaha). I can't remember whom she said was attractive in an intelligence way. Oh wait, I remember now. It's another colleague who is like 60 years old or something. He's super old and he is not shuai at all, in my opinion. How she finds him "attractive" is a complete mystery to me. I found out yesterday that this colleague is really rich. Apparently he earned his first million when he reached 40 and subsequently was able to earn his second million in 5 years, blah blah blah. So he's probably quite rich. HMMM. I never knew that. Does knowledge of his wealth makes him more attractive??? Nah. I'm sorry, it doesn't. Anyway, I IM-ed back that my ex-boss is like a hundred times more "attractive". He looks better (imo) and is very knowledgeable and open. Wonderful boss, imo. He encouraged me when I was feeling utterly rubbishy about myself. My colleague replied in jest, "Not bad what! Can consider." To which, I replied, "HELLO. He is so old plus he is married!" Guess what she replied?!?!? HAHAHA. I almost burst out laughing when I read her response lah. Super funny. "You can be jian nu ren." HAHAHAH. JIAN NU REN. What the heck?

She's funny right? Haha.

I think I'll miss my colleagues the most after I leave the company. They make working sooooo much better and I'm very thankful for them. :) 

Talking about Jian Nu Rens...my colleagues and I were discussing over lunch about whether it is possible for a man to stay faithful to his partner, or to be precise, the question asked is "will you ever cheat on your partner?". My cynical, female colleague thinks it is not possible for men to stay faithful and that woman have to deal with it. You know when she shared opinion, her eyes had this look. I don't know. Maybe she has been through some rubbish and some guy betrayed her or something. I mean, this question she posed came a bit out of the blue. There must be a reason why she suddenly asked this...right. I felt a little sad when I saw that but I didn't probe or anything. We're not at that stage of friendship yet and there are things we wish to keep sealed in our hearts. Things that we share only when we are ready and comfortable to. My male colleague replied honestly that it is hard to say and he can only hope that it (cheating) doesn't happen. Honest guy. A worthy quality in men. Actually they are so many temptations out there, I can honestly say it is getting increasingly difficult to stay faithful to anything or anyone. Too many choices. Too many distractions. Too many Jian Nu Rens. My female colleague felt more strongly against Jian Nan Rens. There are Jian Nan Rens out there but I think there are equally many Jian Nu Rens. Women who throw themselves to married men despite knowing they are married. Maybe they find thrill in stealing other people's spouses. I don't know. I know the lousy excuse people give when they cheat. "Love is Blind" Rubbish theory. You know, there are always warning lights flashing before people decide to cheat on their partners. There is always a choice. Before you get too emotionally involved with this person, you should start drawing the line to keep away from him or her. Not spend more time with this other party and end up committing adultery.

Anyway, there is this book titled What Really Counts that lists out the things that should count in our lives, written from a Christian perspective.

Under LOVE, it says:

What matters most...
  • Knowing that love is more than what you feel- it is the way you think. Of all the things that motivate you, love is one that changes you from within. 
  • Knowing that love is a choice, not an emotion. Choosing to love requires commitment and a conscious decision.  
What doesn't matter...
  •  Return on Investment. Businesses are concerned with return on investment, but love acts without expectation. Love is expressed because it is the right thing to do and not because it will bring some kind of payment.
  • Feeling. Love is an emotion, but it is not only an emotion. Feelings change with circumstances, but love never changes. It is never altered by circumstance. Instead, it changes everything around it.                        
Zoom in to where it says love is NOT merely an emotion. It's so true, isn't it? True love is when you choose to love someone entirely unlovable, someone who doesn't deserve that love. But the world only emphasises on the romantic love, the passionate side of love. To truly reflect on what love truly is is quite humbling. It's like a massive power that has the ability to flow everywhere and anywhere- like a song! Yes, I'm thinking of the Switchfoot song again.
 
Okay, gonna play the song and do some other stuff now. Ciaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment