Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Department Meeting

Oh man. SO explosive lah. There was this assessment thing that was conducted a while back and apparently a few of my big boss's employees had this to say about her:

That she:
  •  is temperamental
  •  has scary mood swings
  •  instils fear
  •  stifles creativity
  •  only allows for 1-way communication
  •  etc... (I can't remember)
The assessment her employees submitted is completely anonymous so no one knows who sure who wrote that but I almost burst out laughing when I heard the comments lah. There was someone who apparently wrote: "I have nothing to say", which could mean to say my big boss is so jia lat then she doesn't even want to say anything anymore.  My big boss was still quite rational to share those things said about her during meeting and said that this assessment is not meant to be a revenge tool and that the comments given should be constructive in helping her improve as a boss. HAHAHA. Oh my gosh. Luckily I didn't laugh out loud in the meeting room lah. I mean, those comments are true to an extent. She is known to be FIERCE (she justifies by saying she only becomes fierce when provoked) and instilling fear in her employees? Absolutely agree. The whole atmosphere can be quite tense in office. But I also agreed that the comments given were quite nasty and can be a little unfair. My big boss can be quite all right as a person so to label her as someone evil and mean is quite shallow. I wonder who wrote those comments lah. Got guts man!

That being said. I have to confirm my contract extension on Thurs. Will probably extend since I haven't found a job yet and will need money (for driving lessons). Plus my dept will be severely short-handed if I don't stay on. My team-mate will be super poor thing. If I stay, I can alleviate her work load. If not, she'll be in a jia lat position, having to cover a few people's jobs ('cos another one of my team mates is going on block leave soon). For the time being, I'll do this. I really wanna leave man....but you know, the timing is not right yet. My team-mate kena scolding today for something that isn't her fault. She got a taste of how my direct boss works tho'. My boss knows how to cover her ass and will do anything to cover her own ass. My team mate was quite disgusted and angry that my boss didn't even bother to defend her when she got into this shit. Understandably, my boss doesn't want to get scolded by my big boss (who can be really scary) so she tried to push all the blame away from herself. You know, the same reminder email has been sent since like 2 years ago and my boss didn't say ANYTHING about it. But bcos today, there is a compliant about that email and it got escalated to my big boss, my boss immediately commented that the email we sent is wrong and the wordings have to change. Plain bull. She vetted through the email draft lo. She sure didn't say anything while looking through the email draft! Ah well. It is all an experience. My boss is not a bad person. She can be quite warm and helpful. My boss has patience. Ok, sometimes, I find her too naggy but she's a patient person. She can be gan chiong but she is willing to answer questions when you need help. Essentially, she is a nice person. It's her working style that I don't really agree with but hey, everyone works differently. It's all an experience. We only grow and get better in time, learning to work with different kinds of people. :)

As long as we learn to protect ourselves in the workplace then can liao. Everything also send email so got black and white. Everything cc her can already. So political, but that's how it is.

My nose is killing me. I have to sleep soon. Sickkk. :~(

No comments:

Post a Comment