Friday, September 3, 2010

どうしよう。 (What Should I Do?)

Okay. I got awaken early this morning by an SMS and right now, my head feels heavy. My ex-colleague asked me a question: Have you thought about what you really want to do. Vital Question.

Ahhhh...problem is I don't know! Compliance? Really compliance? I don't know man. After working there, I realised I'm not as organised as I thought I was. & there were times when I felt Compliance can be really dry and boring. My cell-leader's view is that every job becomes boring after a while unless I happen to work in ER or is a spy. Haha. True. Compliance is good as it gives you "control". Basically you have "control" over every staff in the company, regardless of rank. Doesn't matter how big you are- everyone has to comply, correct? I'm not sure is it the function I am currently performing that is boring 'cos there are other forms of Compliance duties, e.g. KYC and AML. I am more interested in these 2 functions within Compliance but the team I am working in now doesn't touch on either. Maybe it touches AML but right now, that is only reserved for permanent staff. So sian to do contract.

As I was pondering this question...I received another SMS from my current colleague. "I heard your contract got extended!" Hmmmmmm...you know, not once did I ask for an extension of contract. I was holding a more "wait and see" approach. Now I feel a little conflicted. I mean, having a job is better than having no job. My best case scenario is to find a permanent job that offers me better pay and benefits. I'm open to the idea of "starting afresh" as well...making new friends, assimilating into a new environment. Challenging for sure but it's a new start. I guess at some stage in life, you'll yearn to start afresh. AHHH. Anyway, I'm not sure if my contract will be extended anyways. This is not verified information. There are too many possibilities in life, it can get quite confusing. Which direction to go? Which open door is the one that leads my destiny.

Been pondering on these few verses the past 2 days. I think it's the passage for this season of my life:

9For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
- Colossians 1: 9-12

How to live a life worthy of the Lord, that pleases him in every way? It's not by endless striving. Try as we might, we fail. I failed countless times. So many times I feel so sian. Is it even possible to live a life that bear fruits in every good work? Yes, according to this passage, the key is to know his will. It is when we are doing his will for our lives that all the good stuff written after verse 9 can happen in our lives. Thing is we often have problem discerning his will. What is his will for our lives??? It seems so abstract many times. How do we know for sure? The last part of Verse 9 gives the answer. Knowledge of his will can only come through spiritual wisdom and understanding. Awesome.


Anyway, I was just thinking. I think this whole passage has been quite a revelation to me. So yes, I'll be praying for spiritual wisdom and understanding. :)

Honestly hor. It really is very sian to go job-hunting. I finally did something (positive) with my CV yesterday and I'm very pleased. Changed the layout. I'll be sending my CV out later today- after facial and driving lesson. Gosh, I really don't know what to expect for my 1st driving lesson. I know nuts about driving. I will update this entry again, if time permits.

Busy day today! Ciaoooo

No comments:

Post a Comment