Work has been really good for me. There is really nothing to complain about. My colleagues are nice, my boss is kind, my job is uber relax. The next 2 weeks will be a "holiday week" 'cos I don't really any work assigned to me. Both my supervisors will be on vacation until the first week of next year. Haha. One of my task is to "clean the whiteboard". I mean, seriously, they are playing me big bucks to be doing simple tasks like that! Of 'cos if I want to look at this from a negative point of view, I could. Like how it appears like I'm wasting time when most of my friends are already building their careers. I'm trying to see things from the POSITIVE side so I won't go down the nasty, pessimistic road.
Honestly tho', I'm thankful for this job. I chat more with my local colleagues these days (warming towards one other, I guess) and some really bo liao stuff happened to me today. Embarrassing really but whatever. We've to sometimes laugh embarrassing events off. I've learned that it is the recovery that matters, not the event itself. If you can recover well then you are steady 'cos it is inevitable that we sometimes mess up. I've messed up more than once, by the way. Did I mention the tea-spilling accident? Hahaha. That was quite a recovery, imo, 'cos I don't know how the heck I reacted so calmly. I never knew I had the capability to handle such "disasters" before this accident happened. I answered a call but didn't know how to transfer the call, accidentally knocked into my tea, dirtied the table, and stained the wall and part of my chair. & all that while, my colleague (the one whom I was supposed to transfer to call to) didn't even know I spilled my tea. I found that out later of 'cos.
Another thing to give thanks for is that my Mandarin is not hopelessly weak. 'Cos my local colleagues communicate in Mandarin and it is important that I blend into the culture. It's not that difficult actually 'cos I communicate with my mum in Mandarin at home but I've never had to use Mandarin much outside that setting until I started work here. Mandarin seems quite "heartlander-ish" but I like it. :)
I'll start my job search next week since I will be SO FREE. I cleared 3 weeks worth of Japanese homework yesterday. Haha. Not a bad thing 'cos my exam is in January and I want to pass! I want my internal school cert! はい、勉強しなければなりません!(Yes, I must study!)
Before I end, isn't it true that when we count our blessings, we'll see how blessed we are.
----------------
Now playing: B'z - ???????
via FoxyTunes
No comments:
Post a Comment