Too many things happened in the past few days so I don't know where to start. Maybe I'll just give a summary of events 'cos I don't want to spend too much time on this.
Let's see. On the eve, I was released @ 12 noon when my company's official knock off time was 4PM. Aha. Lucky! Well, I'm really blessed with a relax job + great superiors & boss. Why the privilege? Well, that's the peaks of working with the vendors. I follow the vendors' knock off time for special occasions like that (that is if they knock off earlier than the bank's timing). In short, I follow the party with the earlier knock off time. No kidding. I work for the vendors so there is no point in staying behind when there is no one to work for. Of 'cos this is possible because I am blessed with a very nice boss. I'm thankful. :)
Watched Avatar 3D with Marcus & Mr. Ryan on...I can't even remember when. It was last Wednesday, I think. I enjoyed the movie but found the 3D effects very lame. The colours appeared really dull in the 3D version, all their vibrancy stolen by the dark shades we wore. Avatar wowed me quite a bit. Almost the whole movie was done with CG right? VERY REALISTIC. The imaginary creatures and world that James Cameron created really give us a glimpse of his brilliance. How he constructed an idea like this 10+ years ago is amazing. I'll give this movie 4/5. But is it Lord of the Rings (LOTR) kinda good?? Nah. No movie can beat LOTR (not yet).
Attended my paternal cousin's house warming party on Christmas. She just shifted to a semi-d house @ Sembawang. Her house is FRIGGIN' BIG! It doesn't look so spacious from the outside but when you enter the house, you'll realise how HUGE the house actually is. 4 storeys. 8 toilets. Dunno how many rooms. It's just big lah. The 1st storey is about the size of 2 five-room HDB flats. It's nuts! She stays with her husband (no kids yet) and seriously do they need such a huge home when there are only both of them? I heard that they normally only frequent the 1st and 2nd floors. It is only when visitors come that they use the 3rd and 4th. Haha. Oh well. It'll be nice to live in such a home but not everyone will be able to afford such a place- most won't. My paternal relatives are decent people but I'm seriously not close to them (the last time I saw them was during CNY) so initially I was very very reluctant to go. My mum scolded me and told me to "be more sociable!" (See, mother knows best.) In the end, I decided to give myself the challenge and just go say hi. Gotta give face to my cousin 'cos she's quite nice. I mean, I don't know her well but she's quite friendly. I've been observing some of my relatives and noted some possible gossipers. Well, good to know. Gossipers are not necessarily bad people, btw. Their fatal flaw is their loose mouths. I just like observing people lah. Working has made me more observant and alert, in a way. Not that the workplace is really such a dangerous place but it doesn't hurt to pay more attention to some of the things happening around you.
Following that, we had another Christmas party @ my maternal aunt's place. Received cash, a book and a note book. Had a good chat with my cousin. It was a good Christmas. :D
Also met with my ex-workplace colleagues last Sunday or something. I can't remember which day. All my days are blurring together. Haha. Fun people. They haven't changed one bit. It's heart-warming.
Yeah. What else. Oh I have to mug like crazy for my Japanese 'cos my test is in 2 weeks.
That's about all. Ciao people!
おやすみ!じゃまた~
No comments:
Post a Comment