Saturday, December 5, 2009

I hate ads

I am trying out this new Chinese program called PPlive that allows me to stream movies, dramas or straight from TV channels. I tried streaming a Japanese drama this morning and the result is quite satisfactory. The pictures are quite clear and not laggy. However, I HATE the advertisements that pop up every once in a while at the side of my taskbar. Annoying shit I tell you. The program loads in the background whenever I boot my system, or should I say tries to silently connect to the internet- basically as a background running process. I'm guessing it's because the prog depends on peer-to-peer (P2P) technology and by doing this, the program will be able to function smoothly since P2P works best when there are many many users uploading to each other. I know these background running processes 'cos my firewall blocks everything that I haven't authorised, and I have a prog that shows me which processes are taking up my bandwidth. The prog isn't using up a significant amount of bandwidth...but I hate that it is so sly. So many Chinese progs have all these trashy adware in their progs. :|

This is getting on me a so I should be deleting this prog soon. Cheapos who don't wanna spend money on movie tickets can use this 'cos there are many new movies that are of decent quality showing. The Chinese are great pirates alright. There is even 2012 streaming! Pirated version of 'cos, taken inside a cinema, but still of decent, watchable quality. Hmm. I dunno but I'm still willing to spend to watch movies in the theatres. Usually I don't have the patience to wait for a movie to load online and honestly, the atmosphere you get while watching the film is different. It is only at the cinema that you get mind-blowing sound effects and stunning visuals from the movie, especially the typical Hollywood kind. Haha. Besides, I have the option of renting them. Makes sense 'cos I need to use my prepaid credits! Last I checked, I had $70+ in my rental card. Gonna rent The Message later today and bring it over to my grandma's place to watch together with my relatives. The Message is a Chinese movie, btw, starring Fan Bing Bing and Li Bing Bing. I think Li Bing Bing won a Golden Horse Award for her role in this one.

Okay, I gotta get ready for lunch now. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment