Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thick. Warm. Full

That is the Sony sound. I test-tried a few Sony units earlier today @ a Sony Style store. The X-series sounds bloody amazing but is not within my budget ($529 for the 16GB one). :( I'm seriously considering the S745 model, which is $111 more expensive than the new ipod 5th gen Nano. Is the extra $111 worth paying? The player sound is heaps better than ipod...but again, that was my initial impression after listening to the S745 then comparing it with my 2nd gen nano. The songs Sony loaded in their players for testing are all UNKNOWN to me. Indie songs? I don't know. They could have loaded more popular and contemporary tracks so listeners could better measure sound quality.

I'm aware that Sony makes their music sound "warmer" and more "musically appealing" compared to the flatter-sounding ipod. The bass is also more pronounced, which may be to my liking. At this stage of my life, I prefer warm-sounding music, I guess. Music that is all-enveloping.

Test-tried the 5th gen Nano too. It sounded just like my 2nd gen nano. Haha. The price is very very attractive ($288 for 16GB) but do I want to get another similar-sounding player with a bigger storage capacity? Okay there is the video taking function...but I can also use my phone to video take right? The quality will probably be about the same and how often will I even use this feature?! I hardly even use my phone's video and camera features.

I love Apple ipod's user-friendliness. That is one main pull factor that is keeping me from shifting to use another player. All my songs appeared perfect, unicode and all. I'm not so sure that will be the case with Sony, judging by the comments I've been reading online. I am also very used to the ease of using the click-wheel that allows me to scroll through my songs quickly. Oh but I'm no loyal fan to itunes. Haha. I'm using Mediamonkey to manage my songs. :)

Ah...I don't know. Why is even purchasing an MP3 player so difficult for me? WHY WHY WHY. WHY DO I HAVE TO DO A MILLION RESEARCH ONLINE BEFORE I CAN DECIDE ON ANYTHING?

----------------
Now playing: Belinda Carlisle - Circle In The Sand
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment