Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Lalala

Had facial today. I have an acne problem. Okay not full-blown acne...so maybe a more appropriate way to put it is an oily skin problem. Thing is, the surface of my skin is dry but the interior is oily so that means I have to get an oil control facial wash. Therefore, I went to Watson's to check some products out and DHC caught my attention. The tester for their acne wash thing was pretty promising. I liked it. It cost $29+ but because it lathered on my skin so smoothly, I decided that I will be willing to spend that amount to try this "legendary" brand out. That's how DHC is marketing itself btw, as a legendary brand from Japan. Haha. They must be good 'cos the cleanser is SOLD OUT! Ah...maybe I'll check other Watson's to see if they have stock. Besides controlling the oil production, I have to moisturise my face like intensely. I should be getting an overnight moisturising mask soon.

Work's fine. I'm mingling quite well with the locals seated in my row. Fun people to talk to but also incredibly bitchy. The local guy especially. YES GUYS CAN BE BITCHY TOO! Lol. They dislike the ang mohs like a lot. I don't know why 'cos I'm not sure what is the background story but it seems like they are treated like 3rd-class citizens in their company. Marginalised or something. They are all showing intention to leave, in fact the local guy will be leaving this week I think. & guess what, they belong to the same company as my xiaolaoban aka Swiss lady. They don't really like her as well, for some reason I don't know so they bitch about her sometimes. Evil shit. I don't join in. I won't. Bcos xiaolaoban has been nothing but nice to me and I don't like getting involved in such rubbish. Well, xiaolaoban actually offered to help me look out for positions in her company. Nice of her. I didn't reject of 'cos, in fact, I expressed interest...and am really grateful that she is trying to help me out. However, deep down, I really hope that this isn't the company that God wants me to join. I'll be applying for other jobs, for sure. I don't know what will happen lah but I don't want to worry unduly. It's be good to start on a brand new slate, a new environment. That is my ideal.

Over the course of the past 2 months, I'm learning a great deal on how to carry myself (still improving). For one, I know that my height is an advantage. I don't look kiddish and people will take me seriously when I speak. I am able to show that I am steady even if inside I feel like a bundle of nerves. That is...unless I show my fear through the way I speak or via poor eye contact. Those are my weaker points, I feel. Need to take note. I don't do any obvious "nervous actions" usually. How you speak is very important. The tone especially. It really determines your position in the conversation- whether you are in control. Even if you're not "in control", that doesn't mean you are to be pushed around. You can also be on level-ground with the one in control, just that the other party is the one guiding the direction of the conversation. Something like that.

I really want to share more but no time! It's already 11:11PM.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment