I can't load webpages properly without going through the stupid singnet proxy and this bothers me. I never used to have this problem before so I don't know why this has to happen now. Sucks.
I read through my previous posts and my gosh, they were so emo. I don't wanna be emo-girl! Haha. My goal is to take control of my emotions 'cos someone actually called me an emotional wreck, which is NOT cool at all! Haha. I haven't been doing that great recently...too absorbed with my own issues that I left "love" out of the picture. If there is a reason why I find it more difficult to empathise with others now (refer to previous entry), it is probably because I can only see myself. I magnified my problems, cared only for my own welfare, and switched to "catastrophic mode", which effectively left me too tired to bother about others' well-being. I forgot all about love! Left it completely out of the picture.
If getting involved in other people's mess brings them comfort then...maybe it is worth the trouble. Other people choose to get into my mess too when they don't have to. It makes sense now...getting entangled in one another's mess can be an opportunity for love to shine through a really dark situation. A little love goes a long way. We try to lighten one another's loads in the little ways we can, supporting one another along the way. In the process, we can lift one another's spirits up and hopefully, garner the courage to carry on with life. Everyone has his/her own set of problems and sob stories...and I know that mine is considered trivial (I feel like a lame-pot getting affected by such small little things). My problems just seem really big to me, if you get what I mean. That is what we tend to do: magnify our own problems and belittle the problems of others. I haven't been sensitive enough.
To a friend: I'm sorry I didn't realise how much pain you'd experienced and the struggle that you'd been going through. I know I cannot help you solve the problem but if there is any way I can be of support and help bear that load you are carrying (even if only a little bit), I want to, 'cos your well-being is important to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment