I watched one episode of HOG on Channel 8 yesterday. The Chinese dubbed version sounds very weird leh. I thought Moses Chan's character is called Dak Dak Dei (得得地)? How come he has a different nickname in the mandarin version? Yoyo Mung plays Sui Mak Mak (水擘擘) right? Haha. I have a very deep impression on these two nicknames. My Cantonese really suck but I prefer to watch my HK dramas in their original Cantonese language. I am still trying to figure out the formula that allows HK drama to work. Their plots are always so dramatic, yet so enjoyable to watch. I typically have low tolerance for overly dramatic plots but I LOVE watching HK's super-dramatic family dramas. Maybe it is the theme song which plays at the most dramatic part of every episode. The slaps that the main characters give each other. Best. I can totally list out my favourite slapping scenes. The dark plotting, the evil eyes, the greed, the lowdown measures used, the endless tears and wailing- everything works for me. Haha. I like them all. Totally enjoyable to watch lah! I love HOG. & I love Susanna Kwan's voice. My gosh, the theme songs she sang for both HOG and Moonlight Resonance are top hits in my MP3 player. Lol. The silly song + dance that the entire cast does? I find it quite cute. It's super fake and retarded (no real family will do this) but I like it.
I love Ha Yu's character, Dai Bao (大鮑) in HOG. He is so funny lah. A bit of pushover...but overall a delightful character. I love his laugher. He laughs so heartily that his shoulders motion up and down, synchronised perfectly with his laugher. Super lame but I like. Such a cute old man.
SPOILERS
The acting's overall quite good lah. I think Linda Cheung's acting improved quite a lot in HOG. Her voice is still as screechy as ever and it sounds even worse when she talks while crying hysterically, but I can still tahan. There were a few sob scenes that I think she captured quite well. The one when she found out about Alfred's affair with her best friend and initiated a break-up for good. Wah, the tears that both she and Raymond Lam shed? Super sad. I felt quite sad. I thought Alfred's death was a little dramatised but quite a tear-jerker lah. Too bad he never got to find out that he was already forgiven. I like Raymond Lam leh. I think his acting is quite good among the younger TVB actors. Bosco Wong's acting...a bit stiff leh. I'm not sure if he can act but he can definitely act better than Chris Lai who plays Ah Foon (唐至歡). Cannot stand the actor who plays Ah Foon. His acting is quite bad. He has like only 2 expressions on his face (my observations from the many dramas he has acted in). Tavia Yeung's good. I think her acting is the strongest among the younger ones. Her crying scenes were decent. Chen Fala's also quite promising. Actually I'm very kind. Unless the person's acting really cannot make it then I will say that his/her acting is bad. Oh yeah, I like Michelle Yim! She plays the antagonist in Moonlight Resonance, a big fat evil bitch. Haha. Love her! Louise Lee is good as well. Kinship (真情) days!
I like HK family dramas. They just work for me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment