Ate lunch with a bank colleague today. Okay, she's not exactly my colleague. She is just this lady whom I met in the washroom a while back and somehow we just got to know each other. Her department has since shifted to the 35th storey but we still communicate via email. Anyway, I asked her out for lunch today since I needed a lunch buddy and wanted someone to chat with. Thought it'd be good to get to know her better. It's pretty interesting...this way. I mean, getting to know people this way. This is one aspect of socialisation that I find quite fascinating. Like how out of SO MANY people in this world, somehow, 2 people get to know each other. Once strangers, now friends. This applies to romantic relationships as well, of 'cos. How 2 people get to know each other, bond and then fall in love...aww, how sweet. Hahahah. As you can tell, I watch too mamy dramas for my own good. Lol.
It's good tho'. I'm proud of myself. This is how I should socialise. Be more pro-active. Get to know more people, network a bit. Expand my social circle. Yeah.
As I got out of bed this morning. I had an inspiration (enlightenment?). I know how to counter my negative thoughts already. Now, every time I think of something bad...I have to neutralise it by thinking of something good. I've discovered that it is impossible to "not think of something negative" by sheer will power, even if I have all the determination in the world, 'cos honestly I am not strong enough and besides, there is always the "forbidden fruit effect" lingering out there. The more I say I shouldn't think this way, the more I will be tempted to. Ah. Yeah, so the only way out is to neutralise negative with positive.
I had a lot in my head earlier...but I can't seem to remember what I wanted to share now. Another time maybe.
Ciao! :D
==
Added @ 10:10PM: Oh yeah, just thought of something funny. My male colleagues were discussing about Lady Gaga and her "dick" over lunch that day. Apparently she has a dick and there is a youtube video that "proves" that. Hmmm. HAHAHA. I just viewed the video. Hahaha. What the heck man. Why do guys talk abt such stuff over lunch? Like seriously. Hahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment