Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How to block access?

Okay, can someone teach me how to block others from accessing my photos and wall on facebook??? I want to set some privacy rules!

Pretty busy @ work these few days. It's nearing the end of the project so there are stuff to rush. I attended the business meeting yesterday. My supervisor asked me to attend and so I did. The most fun part is sitting through the meeting observing the various parties involved. One of the members from the bank was DOZING off. Obviously I am not gonna say who it was but yeah, it was quite funny. I'm SO sure that the other high-flying big shots within the company know that the person was about to fall asleep but they chose to act ignorant. HAHAA. I just find meetings so interesting. The content is boring crap but observing the people, their reactions...very fun! & it is so true that too many times meetings don't produce any valuable or productive outcome. People can discuss and discuss the same topics/ problems over and over and over again and NOTHING GETS RESOLVED. Sugoi.

Had a very revealing conversation with a couple of people from cell on Sun during lunch. Some of the new (and older) people I got to know seem to be amused by the things I say and do. Like hmm...am I so funny? Apparently, they still don't know how to react to the things I say and do because half the time they cannot differentiate whether I am joking or being serious. LOL. I never knew this before (until now) but...I tell jokes with a straight face. DO I? I never knew! How come nobody told me this before?! I know I'm into the whole British dry humour thing but still, this is a shocking revelation to me. It's kinda freaky if I say something in jest and get taken seriously or vice versa. That means I cannot communicate my true intentions properly and get MISUNDERSTOOD. That's pretty a big failure in the area of PR, isn't it?! I hope I'm not like that in office!

Anyway, I am convinced that my cell-leader is easily amused by me. I don't know why but somehow she finds me amusing. I can SEE the look of amusement in her eyes. Why? I also dunno. She says I look like some cartoon character. Eh...I hope that is a compliment. Haha.

Isn't it true that we act differently in different social settings. It's upon this revelation that Shuting reminded me that I tend to "joke" more when I am with my cellgrp 'cos they are more "serious" people. I don't joke as much when I'm with my secondary school friends 'cos they do the joking (according to Shuting) so there is no need for me to joke as much. Hmmmm...

Makes sense. Oh I don't know! It's unsettling, the conversation we had on Sun. I'm feeling so self-conscious now. Haha.

GTG!

No comments:

Post a Comment