Aren't there times when you feel so incredibly small that you don't feel your age? I feel quite childish recently. There are so many things that comes so naturally for people my age that I don't feel as if I can do yet. My public speaking skills are nowhere as good as I'd like them to be and I believe I am lagging behind many of my peers in this area. To speak in front of an audience is very stressful to me so throughout my studying years I hid behind the scenes and never quite developed any public speaking skills. It's quite tragic because it is when you start working that you realise public speaking skill is very important, especially if you are in a managerial position. You have to be able to address your clients, subordinates, colleagues, and bosses. Of 'cos there are some people who just live without feeling the need to build up on public speaking and communication skills and stay stuck at their level, never rising up to a position of influence and power. I don't know. I've just been thinking lor. It is important to have some ambition in life right. I don't have one yet, understandably, since I still don't have a clear direction in my career path yet. It bugs me tho', when I get into a situation where I know shouldn't even difficult to handle for most people and yet I am afraid to do. These are the times when I feel I have to challenge myself to get over these weaknesses. Some of the stuff I don't dare to do really don't even make sense. Self-consciousness has to take a bad seat! Ahh. Yeah.
I have to pack my room now. Very messy. Maybe I'll continue with this entry later!
==
Updated @ 1132pm:
I am only 1/4 done with my room so far. Haha. Sorting out clothes in my wardrobe: working clothes vs. T-shirts. I have no spare for my T-shirts anymore...so they are relegated to the bottom of my wardrobe. Not that I have THAT many T-shirts lah. I don't really have that many clothes. Many of my clothes were bought YEARS ago and I really mean YEARS ago. Maybe there are some from my secondary school days or something. Some I can't even fit into anymore...so yeah, it is time to clear them off. I will continue with the packing tomorrow or the day after. I just realised I have a G2000 pencil skirt bought from the bazaar that originally cost S$300+ (I didn't buy it at this price, obviously! I paid only a fraction of that) and has to be dry-washed. Right. Totally glamorous right! Haha. Too bad, I probably won't be wearing it any time soon 'cos dry-cleaning it after use every time will be TOO COSTLY! Haha. Joke lo. Don't know what it is doing in my wardrobe.
Watched a few scenes from the currently very hot drama serial showing in HK, 宫心计 (Beyond the Realm of Conscience) and it's pretty bitchy. I love bitchy dramas! Yes! I shall watch this series when I have the time, which I don't have right now 'cos I really have to go to bed after this. Tavia Yeung acts as the big fat villian! Woo hoo! I think she can act quite decently so I like her. Between Charmaine Sheh & Tavia Yeung, I prefer the latter. Still, my all-time-favourite HK TVB actress is Maggie Cheung Ho Yee. She looks old and haggard now but I still like her. She acted in some of my favourite TVB dramas. Yeah, together with Gallen Lo. Such classics. :)
I loveeee the theme song of 宫心计, sang by Susanna Kwan, the same singer who sang the theme songs for Heart of Greed and Moonlight Resonance. LOVE HER VOICE. Love how TVB's grand productions always have such great theme songs that just stick in my head.
I have many random thoughts right now but I can't continue with this post. Gotta get some sleep now or I won't be able to get up tomorrow morning.
Good night everyone! Have a marvellous week ahead~
No comments:
Post a Comment