Thursday, November 26, 2009

ipod touch

Should I buy? I'm still considering. This weekend happens to be Sitex fair so I should be able to get some freebies if I buy it this week. It isn't really a necessity 'cos I already have an MP3 player, a 2nd gen ipod nano, which I love. Unfortunately, its battery life has depreciated by quite a bit and can't last for a few short hours. That's why I'm contemplating getting an ipod touch...

I gotta think through carefully. $468 is not exactly cheap and my finances are really tight.

I find the people in office quite...I don't know. Generally, they are nice people lah and I can say the extent of politics is quite minimal. But still, there are politics. The local guy is super bitchy but that makes him funny. The locals gave the ang mohs some nicknames in Chinese. I once heard the local lady, who sits besides the local guy, (basically we all sit in the same row) refer to the ang mohs as "外劳", which is normally used to describe foreign unskilled manual labour. I found that mildly amusing. I'm not sure if she deliberately used that term to describe them. My boss is still really nice. The guy (Cel refers to him as the army guy) seated beside me is quite nice and chatty but as I've found out, he is also anti-Christianity. He always (jokingly?) says to me this:
我排斥基督徒, 不是基督徒排斥我。
Okay, point taken. It's interesting hearing his point of view and how he grew his dislike for Christianity and Christians. There are times when I find his point of view to be quite extreme and some of his accusations unfair towards Christians but I've been quite tolerating and patient towards him. My patience grew after starting work! :) He's not a bad person and we can get along quite well but I am also learning what it feels to be "persecuted". He can really rattle on and on about how he despises Christians. Anyway, I can only say that it is unfortunate that some Christians' actions have scarred him and tainted his view towards the religion. His arguments aren't all invalid because he raised some points which I agree. Actually if I wasn't exposed to Christianity at a younger age, it is entirely possible that I would think in the exact manner. Seriously. As we grow older, there is a tendency to become more disillusioned and cynical about life isn't it?

What makes life worth living? Is life simply about about going through the cycle of 生老病死? What makes the Christian God different from other gods? I can only say you have to find out for yourself, just as I did. There were so many times when cynical thoughts filled my mind and I found life utterly meaningless, but time and time again, God gave me the courage to continue believing and living. I'm probably not living in the full freedom that Jesus has purchased for me at the cross yet because of unresolved old issues or whatsoever but I'm quite convinced that He is working on me and the end result will be satisfying. I don't know why I believe. That's faith, I guess. Even if my colleague would say it's blind faith, it is still faith nonetheless- faith that allows for continuous hoping in a broken world. I don't know. Words probably can't convince another person anyway. Only a personal experience and encounter with God can do that, nothing else will do.

--
David Crowder Band- All Around Me

(Verse 1)
My hands are searching for You
My arms are outstretched towards You
I feel You on my fingertips
My tongue dances behind my lips for You

This fire rising through my being
Burning, I'm not used to seeing You

(Pre-Chorus)
I'm alive, I'm alive

(Chorus)
I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing

(Verse 2)
My hands float up above me
And You whisper You love me
And I begin to fade
Into our secret place

The music makes me sway
The angels singing say we are alone with You
I am alone and they are too with You

(Bridge 1)
And so I cry
The light is white
And I see You

I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive

(Bridge 2)
Take my hand, I give it to you
Now you own me, all I am
You said You would never leave me
I believe You, I believe

No comments:

Post a Comment