Wednesday, March 16, 2011

To search to the ends of this world

For the purpose of living. Isn't this a week to ponder. How many days has it been since the huge, earth-shaking quake in Japan? I think it was a Fri. The Fri when I took the same lift as my company's COO and he stood to watch the breaking news screening on TV at the lift lobby. Big tsunami, massive destruction, deaths, etc. Horrible, heart-breaking news. First thing I did after I got home that night was surf the web for news. :( I have a special heart for the Japanese. I don't know why and I cannot explain why. I just like Japan, even tho' I haven't stepped into that country before (except when I had to stop-over at Narita).

The thing is I know that more of such disasters will happen in the near future. Everything that is happening on earth now is exactly as how it was prophesied in the bible. The last days are here.

Had drinks with my colleagues at the bar just downstairs my office after work. It was something interesting because as most of you all know, I don't really drink often. I almost always bail out on such events as well. Haha. But today, I wanted to go. I don't know why. To unwind and connect, I suppose. It's interesting how the conservation veered towards religion, the spiritual world. Everyone believes in their own god, there is nothing wrong in that & I can totally get that. I don't see myself as someone who easily trusts what another person says, in other words, a sceptic. Yet, I believed in the Christian God because a relative shared about this God when I was at a younger age (less sceptical, less hardened by the realities of the world). There was a time when I "left" the faith for a while (altho' I cannot say that too 'cos I wasn't exactly grounded then) but because of that knowledge of a god, eventually I returned to the faith and experienced God for myself. That's when the true conversion comes. I can proclaim that I believe in Jesus but unless I experience Him for myself, Jesus is but one of the many gods in this world to me. This is why I know it is impossible to "convert" a person to Christianity. We can't "convert" anyone. It's only when one experiences God that there is true conversion. That is the only thing that will keep you grounded in the faith. The earth can fade away...but God's word, His promises will remain. The journey of faith will always be an on-going one. I am not perfect but at least now, I hope to walk closely to God and to grow in my faith. Essentially, I find the pursuit of the things of this world quite meaningless. Just look at what happened in Japan. How life can be gone in a flash. The vulnerability.

Over the years, I realised how screwed up our lives can be because of the hurts and pain in our lives. Because of the one sentence someone said to you, you can be living under the shadow and bondage of what that person said of you. How do we get past all these??? We keep hurting each other over and over. & God longs to heal us, to give us the strength to endure and the capability and capacity to love one another, in spite of who we are. How amazing.

I believe if we search hard enough for the truth, we will find it. I believe I have found mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment