I just bought my Sony W252 Walkman player today! The water-resistant, wireless MP3 player targeted at those who do sports. This player will following me when I go running/ jogging. :D
I'm still testing it out but so far, I'm pretty pleased with it. The sound quality is quite decent. In fact, it got me tempted to buy a Sony MP3 player. The A840's price has dropped. I'm reading some reviews and apparently some of the users experienced some hissing problem...hmm. I will probably be using my Westone 2 with the player so if my Westone earphones is considered "too sensitive" and picks up the hiss, I'll be quite annoyed. I have no doubt in my Westone earphones...it's the player I use it with that I'm worry about. I'm using my Westone with my nano and the sound's quite good. The sound is definitely much much better than the stock Apple earbuds. I'm just wondering would it be even better with the Sony player, which is known for its warm, coloured sound signature. If I switch from the nano to another player then I'll officially become a non-Apple user. How shocking. I mean, it wasn't that long ago that I wanted to get an macbook pro and the iphone 4. In the end, I just settled for other brands. LOL. All Taiwanese brands, in fact. I've little brand allegiance, basically. I just do my reviews and go for the one that best suits my needs.
Sony's price is still quite a turn-off. They are pricing their A840, 16GB for S$379. It used to be S$449 or something. Compare that with the Apple Nano! Only S$288 for their 16GB player! & I've had some unpleasant experience with Sony. My MD player spoilt pretty fast...within 2 years after I bought it. I didn't bother getting it repaired because I had to fork up like $100 to buy the parts to get the problem fixed. Not willing to pay- sorry! My MD player still plays my old MDs tho'. It can't do recording anymore but it still plays. Yeah, these are some factors that are stopping me from getting the Sony player. & yes, the Sony firmware is rubbish, I heard. Chinese characters don't display correctly on the player sometimes. Turn-offffffff. So unless the sound quality is really darn good, I probably won't take the risk of buying the exorbitantly-priced Sony player.
You know how I ended up with my current Westone 2 earphones? It's the most expensive earphones I've bought ever but it's worth every penny I paid. Initially, I laid aside a budget of about S$200+ for a pair of earphones but after test-trying the Westone 2, I decided that forking an extra S$100++ was worth it. I paid almost S$400 for this pair of earphones. It sounds insane, I know. Haha. Yeah, it cost more than my MP3 player! I love my Apple Nano actually. It's ancient (in technological terms), a 2nd gen version, but has great sentimental value because my friends got them for me for my 21st birthday. So...it has been around for 3 years+. The build quality is pretty impressive. I haven't had any major problems with the player. These are some reasons why I'm considering sticking with Apple. No hurry tho'. My current Nano is still functioning fantastic. Only grip is the small 4GB space and maybe, the diminishing battery life. I have to say I love the click-wheel. It is very very likely I'll end up buying a Nano again, should I decide on Apple. I'm still exploring but as I've mention, there is no rush. :)
Yes, it's true. I spend more money on earphones + music players than on cellphones. Different priority lah. I can never understand why people would buy phones for $700/ $800 (without contract). So expensive lah! I've never paid more than S$150 for any phone. The most expensive was S$145. Needless to say, those phones all came bundled with contracts. I actually considered paying S$500+ for an iphone but after some thought, decided that I am not willing to spend that kinda money on a phone. A phone's but a phone right. As long it does what it is supposed to, it's a good phone! Bought the HTC Wildfire because it is the most affordable smart phone out there and it comes in sexy red! The design is quite nice. Very simple design and it doesn't feel or look cheap. I really wanted to get the HTC Desire but because Singtel refused to give me more vouchers, I had to settle for something cheaper. Haha. Besides, my old Sony Ericsson was really giving me problems and I needed to get a new phone quickly...so just bought the Wildfire lor. The screen is nothing fantastic, which explains its affordable price tag, but since I won't be watching any videos with it, that is not a problem for me. If I really want to watch videos, I will get a dedicated portable video player- like say the ipod touch. But I dislike using touchscreens as my music player so I probably won't get the touch. Why do we need to watch videos on the go anyway? I get the smartphone thing. Some of the apps are really useful and convenient to use. Like the app for bus arrivals, the ability to check for road directions, etc. but other than that...it's just a phone right? Hmmm. I don't know.
This whole technology thing is getting a little too scary.
Anyway, I gotta go now. CIaos~~~
My new Walkman player will so motivate me to go running! HAHAHA. :D :D :D
No comments:
Post a Comment