Returned from the clinic not long ago. A clinic in Toa Payoh, which my mum recommended. The doctor's female and I need a female doc 'cos I needed to do a urine test & whatever test. Basically I'll feel more comfortable with a female doc. There were some blood in my pee yesterday and when there is blood in your pee (and for females, the added condition that you're not having your period), it's time to visit the doc. Wasn't sure if I'd get MC and honestly, I was all ready to head to office after visiting the doctor's. So much work to do, you know. Surprisingly, I got 2 days MC. Probably 'cos I also had high blood pressure. It's quite scary 'cos I'm so young and the doc did the pressure test twice and both times the results were all slightly high. I'm quite worried actually. The last time I took a blood pressure test for fun, the pressure was also leaning on the high side. Anyway, the doc advised me not to consume too much salt, drink more water and exercise. I booked an appt with her next month for a check-up- to see if the blood pressure goes down. My health is giving me warning lights already. This will not do. I need to exercise!!!! Haha. The doc was quite humorous tho'. She told me not to worry too much about my blood pressure as it will only push the pressure up higher.
Oh, the blood in my pee was due to a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). Was given antibiotics and meds to reduce discomfort. I don't know why I was given 2 days MC 'cos I basically feel quite ok. Fatigued- yes...but I can still function normally, I think. I didn't ask for 2 days hor. The doc just gave. She said I will be going to the loo pretty often and there will be discomfort. Anyway, maybe it was bcos of the blood pressure also. Ended up footing a S$35 bill. Pretty reasonable, IMO. The last time I went to Raffles Medical Clinic, I footed a bill close to S$60!!!! I've decided I'm not returning there again. My mum thinks this clinic @ Toa Payoh is pretty good and so I will be coming here next time I need to visit the doc's. I was quite turned off by the distance (Toa Payoh is not that near to my place) but my mum said "we can send you there". Aww. Yeah, my dad drove my mum and me to the clinic this morning. It's so touching right. My parents sent me here and my mum accompanied by waiting in the lounge. Haha, bo pian. I got no driving licence (yet) and according to my mum, this lady doctor is very thorough in her checks so...can go to her.
Yep. Good that I have MC. Can take this time to rest...and decide on which phone to get. I was pretty sure I wanted the iphone 4 but now...I'm willing to settle on others 'cos I dun wanna spend so much on a handset. I'm not even a phone person so it doesn't make any sense at all. Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Will update soon! 2 days MC! WOO HOO~
No comments:
Post a Comment