I'm listening to The Tings Tings' Great DJ now. It's sort of like the unofficial theme song for Sunao ni Narenakute (Hard to Say I Love You) aka the jdrama starring Eita & Juri. I like it. It's quirky cool.
Let me post the official video from Youtube here:
The video is damn cool right! Haha. Totally my cup of tea. :)
Anyways, talking about Sunao...ep 2 was pretty cheesy. I hate the storyline basically but I have to watch it because of Eita and Juri. Juri's acting in yesterday's episode was a massive improvement from ep 1, IMO. She's getting into character, which is wonderful. Juri does crying scenes very well. Somehow she is just good at it and I don't know if that is considered a "good thing" for her, as a person. Does the ability to show sorrow so well make her a sorrowful person in reality? Usually I get really annoyed when female characters start crying, unless it feels genuine to me. I have super low tolerance towards poor crying acting skills and usually younger actresses have shitty crying skills, so I've to say that Juri's really talented in this aspect to have won my praise.
The storyline is BAD because of the Twitter background story. Seriously, 5 strangers becoming good friends overnight because of the Twitter link? Sounds terribly unbelievable and cheesy. Like in yesterday's ep, one of the characters committed suicide and the only friends who visited were the Twitters ones she met in a gathering not long ago. Seriously, how fake is that? Or should I ask, how sad is that. She doesn't even have any friends from like childhood, school, or her workplace; she only has her Twitter friends. Ehh...
I dislike silly plots and this plot is silly. It's not very boring lah 'cos the pace is quite fast but the story has no substance. BUTTT...I will still watch it because the good acting is worth my time. :)
Sorry my blog is becoming quite dead. I used to be such an avid blogger but I hardly update anymore 'cos work has been killing me. I'm typically zonked out by the time I reach home. Thank God, work's quite ok the past few days. My team's colleague just left yesterday and I'm pretty sure there is a million things to be done, which I will soon have to help out with. Right now, I can't do much 'cos I don't know much. I'm just doing what I know lor. I cleared most of my backlog today (happy!) and left work at 630PM for Plaza Sing. I wanted to buy a pair of earphones because my ATs died an unfortunate death (I accidentally killed it and it cannot be revived). RIP ATs! To clarify, I still have my CM700 buds. The one that died is the CKS70 in-ear model with STRONG bass. The bass was powerful but the treble was very recessed. I was contemplating how much should I invest in a pair of good earphones? How much am I WILLING to spend. I've gotten pretty used to in-ears now and I find them essential while taking public transport 'cos it helps block out ambient noise so I feel I needed to get a pair. Initially I was only willing to pay S$200+ but I ended up buying a pair that cost nearly S$400. Yeah, friggin expensive, I know. I could have gotten an MP3 player with that. The sound it produces is quite to my liking, you see. The treble is there, the bass is sufficient. Not overly boomy. Big soundstage. I succumbed. Bought the Westone 2. The sound's very clear. I like.
I invested in such an expensive and good pair because I discovered that a good pair of earphones really makes your music sound SO much better. Music listened straight from the ipod stock-buds sound very flat. A good pair of earphone brings the details out and...the music sounds heavenly. No point getting a good MP3 player if your earphones are rubbish. Really. This is not coming from an audiophile, btw. I'm just a normal listener who likes details and enjoy good music. Honestly, I'd rate my mp3 player more important than say, my cellphone. I utilise my MP3 player more than my cellphone for sure. Makes sense that I invest a bit more in my earphones then? I dunno. So far I'm happy with my purchase. :)
Okay, I'm tired. Will blog again soon! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment