Something huge happened in office today. Well, something huge to me. I am typing this entry while watching Roland Garros (RG) live. JJ aka Lady Jaja versus Shedova or something so I'm a little distracted. Haha. I seek your understanding if my entry ends up being incomprehensible. JJ won the 1st set! YAY! She's really strong in this RG, btw. I am shocked by her level of play. She has a serious chance to win this thing.
Right, I was supposed to share about work. Yes today, this Relationship Manager (RM), head of some Wealth Managment team sought pre-clearance from us for the trading of some shares. There is this one equity that was found on our watchlist so I didn't give him the green light to trade for that. Immediately he called my extension and demanded why and even after I explained to him that we cannot allow trading to be done for items on the watchlist. Following that, he came to our level and wanted to see my boss (or someone who is of higher authority), and incidentally my boss wasn't around so he wanted to see my big boss. If I haven't mentioned, my big boss is someone whom I am quite afraid of. She isn't someone whom I want to mess with, in short. Usually I just steer clear of her way and try to stay out of trouble. Anyway, my big boss wasn't around so we said that we would inform him when she returns. Thing is, I had to make sure that I give her the details before he speaks with her, which was what I did. I was super scared lah. I've never had a one-to-one conversation with her before and my voice definitely stammered. Okay, but that's over and at least there is now an experience. The conclusion was what I did wasn't wrong although maybe I could have explained myself better. It's a little difficult trying to go in depth when explaining because a lot of what I know are still pretty surface knowledge. Honestly, I didn't know what I blabbered either. Anyhow, I didn't do wrong in not allowing his trade.
After this, I called the RM head out of courtesy to inform him of the situation and he came up to our storey again. He was scary lah. He just stood outside my big boss's office (my big boss was VERY busy and didn't have time for like anyone). He just stood there. He was offered a seat but he didn't want to sit and his face was like...super black. Anyway, 15 mins later, he was still standing there. FINALLY my big boss ended her call and he made his way in. My big boss would rather we handle this ourselves (or myself, in this case) but it's too bad we are not big enough to make decisions. I'm not big (in the hierarchical sense) enough anyway. I can really say that I've tried my best and remained as polite as I could. If this guy still took offence then there is nothing I can say. Blah blah blah, I don't know what went on inside the office but according to my colleague who sits outside my big boss's room, my big boss was shouting and saying something along the lines of "They should be scolded." The "they" she mentioned was very likely meaning us. Anyway, 5 mins later, the dude made his exit. He came over to me to inform me that he will go ahead with the 3 other trades he wanted to execute. He wasn't exactly mean lah. I don't know. I can understand his frustration and there were moments over the phone when he sounded like he was about to shout at me (but didn't).
So I gave the trade approval after he confirmed the important clauses. After which, he called me to ask about the form that he has to fill. Told him what was the form for and the call ended quite...positively. I was worried and scared lah but deep inside, I also had this reassurance that I need not worry because God was with me. So I decided that I shall head home since I've done what I could already and what was done was already done. Opened the door to leave office...then TA-DAH, I met my big boss and her client on my way out. Sheeze, what timing. My big boss was actually seeing the client out but then after she saw me, she just said, "She will open the door for you." and left me to do the work. Obviously I had to open and hold the door for the client. From a quick glance, I could tell my big boss didn't look happy at all but she didn't say anything (maybe cos the client was around). So heck lo, I just left for home.
Let tomorrow worry for itself. Doesn't matter how scary my big boss is. Ultimately, I know my life and future are not in her hands, although it would be good if I have her favour lah. Haha. I really don't think I am at fault but I know that my big boss can be kinda...well, unpredictable, so there is a possibility that I will get scolded. Collateral damage or something. I pray and hope not but even if that happens, well, there is nothing to be upset about.
Wow, Encounter Weekend (EW) has really done me good. Yeah! :) I actually have a lot to blog about regarding EW. Don't think it'll be in this entry tho'. I'll try to blog about that soon. Right now I'm too distracted by JJ's match. I hope Lady Jaja wins! Haha. Lady Jaja, Lady Gaga, get it? It's like a parody. JJ's so dramatic that now she has been given this new nickname. Hahaha. Hilarious!
No comments:
Post a Comment