Monday, June 14, 2010

Shopping again

Oh man. I took off today. Quite happy lah. :) Went shopping with my mum @ Chinatown. I bought 5 dresses, which cost quite a bit. I was a little reluctant to part with my money but according to my Mum, the dresses are quite reasonably priced and since I needed an image change and the dresses look good on me, I should just invest in them. Hahaha. Oh well. I've had skirts but no dresses. The last time I wore a dress (or is it a gown?) was during my sister's wedding. I really liked that dress 'cos it's pretty and it's red (I have a fondness for red items). I doubt I'll wear it again in the near future 'tho 'cos it is a little too drama for normal dressing. Hahaha. Sometimes I'm just too lazy to dress up, if that makes sense. But yeah, I should really dress up while I am young and in good shape. Time waits for no one...

My mum shared with me some of the interesting news she read from Zaobao. News that don't appear on the Straits Times! I don't know but it seems like the Chinese papers are juicier. Their articles pack more punch. I don't mind reading the Chinese papers but I don't even have time to always read the English papers so...I only read ZB once in a while. I really wonder what's gonna happen to the Chinese papers as the older generation passes on. Where will their readership come from? From what I can see from most of my peers, their Chinese is hopeless (in their words) and they can't even read simple Chinese characters on restaurant menus. The strangest thing is they are PROUD that they cannot read Chinese. How peculiar. What's there to be proud of?

Would love to share more but I've no time. Gonna get ready for bed soon. Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment