Okay, I got into my first (and I pray, last) automobile accident earlier today. I reversed into a stationary car parked in a lot. There was this uncle on a garbage bike behind me who refused to budge and forced me to make a sharp left reverse turn. I over-accelerated and bam, hit the other car's bumper. Thank God nothing happened to either cars. There were no scratches or dents noted. As you can imagine, it was an unnerving experience. My mum wanted my dad to take over the wheel after that but my dad told me to continue driving home. He, throughout the whole incident, did not scold me. I guess he didn't want me to be scarred by this incident. As a novice driver, small accidents may occur, the most important thing is to learn from it and become a better and safer driver. I won't quit driving because of this because I don't want fear preventing me from living life to the fullest. We miss out a lot on life because of fear. Anyway, I don't know if it sounds strange but I was mildly touched by my dad's response. His lack of response, even. He didn't berate me for my carelessness or make a big deal out of the incident. All he did was offer me some suggestions on how I could improve my driving skills and encouraged me to continue driving. It was a subdued response but nevertheless, an act of kindness to me. It's probably his way of showing love? Whatever it is, it brought comfort to me. :)
Seriously man, driving is no joke. A quick lapse in concentration can lead to major consequences...really thank God no casualties (humans/ cars) resulted from this incident.
Anyway, I'm gonna start packing my room tonight. Will take some interesting photos and upload to this blog. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment