Friday, July 22, 2011

Market Abuse/ CFT/ AML/ KYC

My job scope is so wide. I closed my first market abuse alert today...after so long. It's really not easy closing out a case. What constitutes as as market abuse? How to verify whether this is a case of insider trading? It's really super hard to tell lo. I need training! What I know is what my colleague taught me but what exactly is "suspicious"? That really requires discernment and experience. I have to be honest, it was with fear that I closed out my first alert. I hate working like that. With fear. I really do. What if due to my lapse in concentration or my lack of awareness, some insider trading happens...or if a client turns out to be terrorist and the funds coming into the account are coming from illegal activities? What if the bank gets fined? What if there is reputation damage? I fear too much. & so I doubt...my judgement, my understanding...and I procrastinate on making a decision. Occasionally, I make a decision and it turns out to be a rash one. This is a journey of learning...with some high risks involved. I want to be able to take the risk. I want to be able to take calculated risks. I want to be able to rise up. Like an eagle. To see far with focused eyes.

I will get there for when I am weak, that's when I am strong. Next week will be a good one. I know it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment