Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Too much has happened the past 2 weeks. I was still soooo sad last week when I found out my senior tendered her resignation, just before our move to the new building. She is currently serving notice. I've always found her very enigmatic, very private. She is hard to get to know and I find it very hard to read her mind. Maybe she's right...I think too much. Is that why? I don't know. Mixed feelings. I allow my emotions to rule my head sometimes, which is a weakness. Gotta take things in control sometimes. It's softness, essentially. Gotta learn to be more independent @ work and more dependent on God. It's a paradox, I know...how to be more dependent and independent at the same time? God's mysterious ways. Just as how we show our strength in our weakness.

Anyhow, I am very very grateful that I'd the experience of working with her and learning from her. She definitely had great influence in my life...in the short few months. How wonderful that I had to opportunity to work with her. Fortunate me. :) I will become better...

How's the office move? It's alright. We're sitting besides Finance now and surprisingly, we are noisier than them. They are SO quiet. Seriously, it's shocking. At my previous building, our level was also very quiet and I thought it was only for our level...but now I know, it is not, it's seems like a company culture. We've got a great view and I am facing the window BUT it is SO hot at my seat in the morning. I've to lower the blinds almost fully if not I'll be baked, under harmful UV rays! NOoooo. Yeah, sunblock is a must. This is no joke.

The pantry's an upgrade, for sure. Toilet, I suppose so. There is no auto-flush tho'...maybe becos it is a "green building". The internal decor is not that to my liking. The whole place feels very clinical, very cold. & I find it realy funny that the door in the dept next door spoilt on its first day. Seriously. I think every office should have a comfy lounge cum pantry that allows employees to mingle and relax but that's not a priority in this place. Not the most important factor I guess. I'm still adjusting to this new place but so far, it has been ok.

I think the nano water filter thing in the pantry is the best thing. We never have to replace water barrels anymore! YAY! Yeah. :) :) :)

Life is too short for me to mop around. I know there is still hope for the future. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment