Monday, December 27, 2010

Hard-pressed but not crushed

Suddenly reminded of these verses from 2 Corinthians 4.

 7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Indeed. What powerful truth. Work is really crazy. I haven't been able to take off, which is really NOT fabulous, but you know...in all things, we can give thanks. My boss split the portfolio of accounts today, a draft. And according to the draft, I was allocated 900++ accounts, which is already kinda insane, imo but my colleague (who is my senior) wants to change the allocation. According to her version, I'll be doing 1300++ accounts. OMG. Okay, I know she is not trying to be evil or anything 'cos my colleagues are nice people, in general. We are all very strained. At the very least, I'm glad she's open about it. Ahhh well. Regardless whether it's 900 or 1300...I know I'll be ok. It'll be ok. My colleagues don't have it easy either. The one sitting next to me will have 1800++ accounts. Sigh. Okay. It's alright. Positive thinking! :)

My ex-boss from Japanese bank messaged me. A Merry Christmas message. I replied him. Exchanged a couple of sms. Turns out he's still working there and have been flying out of the country a lot. Hopefully we'll be able to catch up in the near future. Surprisingly, he can still remember where I am working at (now). I'm forever grateful to him because he gave me a chance. He encouraged me when I was in the doldrums and lifted me up from a seemingly hopeless situation. :) If I'm suitable for front office and such, I'd definitely hope to work for him. Haha. But for now, I have to concentrate on Compliance because this is where I'm placed for this season of my life. And thing is, I am enjoying my work a lot more. KYC is a million times more fun than the pure administrative duties I did at my previous team. & the fact that I was given the opportunity to join another team. Ahhh. It's all good la.

Anyhow, I am gonna meet a friend now, even tho' it's late. She has been facing a lot of problems. I want to meet up with her. Yep. So I have to end this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment