Saturday, December 4, 2010

Confessions

Aha. I watched the movie last Sun!!! Great stuff. The whole entire story is very dark but the emotions- very raw. There was this particular scene that really moved me. I almost cried when I saw how the leading actress sobbed in grief and pain. You could actually felt her pain. Matsu Takako is absolutely brilliant in this film. There're too many social problems in our generation. Too many senseless happenings. This is a film that will really set you thinking about how our world has evolved into one that is increasingly degrading in every aspect. Chim.

Woke up early today to go for my pre-employment check-up but...couldn't make it. I have driving at 11am later and I can't cancel my lesson now. It's too last min! How would I know the check up would take 1 hour (I called the clinic)?!  So it's either I take it during work hours or wait till next Sat. Can't help it. I know I'm already "employed" in a sense so this has to be done quickly. Switched to company's payroll recently. I have a 6 month probation tho', which can be a little unsettling but...it's true that it is not easy entering my team. The standards are quite high- I heard. Could I have entered this team without the favour of God? I think not 'cos it is that competitive. I've gone through the doldrums of life- being unemployed for an extended period of time and feeling completely rubbish about myself but I think that experience taught me a lot. Nothing comes easy. Well, God is good all the time! He has proven Himself very faithful, even during the times when I was unfaithful. I think this realisation really liberated me. God really loves me, despite of my failings. Anyway, if it wasn't for this hard patch, I wouldn't had grown closer to God. Maybe I wouldn't even had bothered seeking him if everything had been smooth-sailing. So I'm thankful!

Not every experience is pleasant but I believe there is a purpose for everything and God intends for something good to come out of every situation- even seemingly senseless ones. I honestly don't believe God "wants" us to suffer but I believe it is from those bad experiences that we are strengthened and moulded into a better person.

Currently I'm really busy at work but it's good learning ground. At least I'm enjoying the work more now. :) I'm quite stressed la but have to learn to manage it. Still learning. Steep learning curve lo- the things I'm doing now are completely different from what I did in my previous team. However I can definitely get through this initial tough period 'cos I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me. Moreover, God has sent sooo many nice, lovely people to help me. Even my ex-colleagues are helping me- trying to give me a more complete picture of the work process. So sweet right? Yes, they are really kind people. Sighhhh. I'm blessed. :)    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment